Author Topic: Argentina: Doctor May Go to Prison for Refusing to Kill a 23-Week-Old Baby in an Abortion  (Read 999 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Doctor May Go to Prison for Refusing to Kill a 23-Week-Old Baby in an Abortion

An Argentine doctor may go to prison for saving an unborn baby from abortion.

On Monday, Judge Álvaro Meynet found Dr. Leandro Rodríguez Lastra guilty of “breaching the duties of a public official” for refusing to continue the woman’s abortion, according to Crux.

Rodríguez could face up to two years in prison for the conviction, but he plans to appeal, The Irish Catholic reports.

Read more at: https://www.lifenews.com/2019/05/23/doctor-may-go-to-prison-for-refusing-to-kill-a-23-week-old-baby-in-an-abortion/

For the record, I thought abortion is illegal in almost all cases in Argentina, so this is a special situation I would think. They are not as lenient as what I would think the laws are in the USA, Canada and North Korea are. It was covered in forum, they voted to keep abortion illegal except in special cases like rape, etc.

The Doctor is making the right decision, I'm surprised a judge would even find someone guilty of this. Picture of doctor at link.