Author Topic: AG Barr on protecting US presidency, not president: ‘Rules were being changed to hurt Trump…preside  (Read 376 times)

rangerrebew

AG Barr on protecting US presidency, not president: ‘Rules were being changed to hurt Trump…president can’t be errand boy for Congress’
May 21, 2019 | Samantha Chang 

U.S. Attorney General William Barr dismissed left-wing complaints that he’s overzealous in his defense of President Trump amid Congress’ endless investigations, saying Democrats have repeatedly moved the goal posts. And that’s unfair and wrong — and everyone knows it, even though no one admits it.

“I felt the rules were being changed to hurt Trump, and I thought it was damaging for the presidency over the long haul,” Barr told the Wall Street Journal.
William Barr: I’m fighting for the US presidency

Barr says he’s fighting for the presidency more so than advocating for President Trump per se because the Democrats’ nonstop obstruction of a sitting president damages the office itself.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/05/21/ag-barr-on-protecting-us-presidency-not-president-rules-were-being-changed-to-hurt-trump-president-cant-be-errand-boy-for-congress-756682

Offline bilo

“I felt the rules were being changed to hurt Trump, and I thought it was damaging for the presidency over the long haul,” Barr told the Wall Street Journal.

Whoever recommended Barr to Trump should get an award for great judgement. He has been a breath of fresh air.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

Whoever recommended Barr to Trump should get an award for great judgement. He has been a breath of fresh air.

When Trump was elected,  I figured he'd be spinning his wheels for the first two years or so, just to figure out would work with him and who wouldn't.  He basically started from scratch because he's not an "insider".    But eventually he'd get the right people in place.     His second term should therefore, go much more smoothly.

Offline bilo

When Trump was elected,  I figured he'd be spinning his wheels for the first two years or so, just to figure out would work with him and who wouldn't.  He basically started from scratch because he's not an "insider".    But eventually he'd get the right people in place.     His second term should therefore, go much more smoothly.

You're right. Also, his 2nd term will see most of the court challenges resolved.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home