Author Topic: Hugh Hewitt: Democrats will pick a fight with Trump over Iran at their 2020 peril  (Read 247 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Democrats will pick a fight with Trump over Iran at their 2020 peril
By Hugh Hewitt
May 19

A friend in the foreign diplomatic corps recently remarked to me about a paradox in U.S. politics: There is bipartisan support for regime change in Venezuela but a deep partisan split regarding U.S. policy toward Iran. That divide, and news about rising tensions between the two countries, was top of mind in my radio interview Friday with Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Ind., and contender for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

I asked Buttigieg about Iran generally and more specifically about the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, commonly referred to as the Iran nuclear deal.

President Trump last year withdrew the United States from the agreement. Would Buttigieg, as president, seek our return?

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/05/19/democrats-will-pick-fight-with-trump-over-iran-their-peril/?utm_term=.4dc32e998ecd

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Even if Butt Gig is correct about Iran's nukes (he isn't, BTW), nukes are only a part of our beef with the Persians.  The agreement with Iran he touts did little to nothing to stop Iran's nuke project, and actually shipped cash by the pallets so they could spread terrorism throughout the ME.  Maybe one of the worst things Obastard has ever done, when measured by loss of life and limb.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is it improper to say? Per the WaPo pay wall, I repeat something I previously did, as it is loading up the story, push the "X", the stop button and often, maybe not always, I can read the whole thing.   And this is Hugh Hewitt after all, who certainly wasn't on the Trump bandwagon, not a bad read.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Is it improper to say? Per the WaPo pay wall, I repeat something I previously did, as it is loading up the story, push the "X", the stop button and often, maybe not always, I can read the whole thing.   And this is Hugh Hewitt after all, who certainly wasn't on the Trump bandwagon, not a bad read.

"InstaPaper" gets me through the ad blocker-blockers and most paywalls. 

https://lifehacker.com/get-an-instapaper-text-view-of-any-web-article-5439630
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: