Author Topic: The War on History Comes for George Washington  (Read 469 times)

rangerrebew

The War on History Comes for George Washington
« on: May 21, 2019, 12:03:43 pm »

Jarrett Stepman    May 20, 2019 / 16 Comments

George Washington was once so highly respected in America that his home at Mount Vernon, in Virginia, was neutral ground during the Civil War. (Photo: Patrick Smith/Staff/Getty Images)

They finally came for George Washington.

The perpetual war on history now has the father of our country in its sights as the San Francisco Board of Education considers removing a mural of Washington from a local school.

If the board succeeds in politicizing Washington, whose legacy was once so secured and uniting that his home at Mount Vernon was considered neutral ground during the Civil War, then we have clearly crossed the Rubicon of social division.

Critics of the mural point out that, in addition to Washington, it also depicts slaves and Native Americans—and one of the Native Americans appears to be dead.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/20/the-war-on-history-comes-for-george-washington/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:04:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The War on History Comes for George Washington
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:13:45 pm »

Jarrett Stepman    May 20, 2019 / 16 Comments

George Washington was once so highly respected in America that his home at Mount Vernon, in Virginia, was neutral ground during the Civil War. (Photo: Patrick Smith/Staff/Getty Images)

They finally came for George Washington.

The perpetual war on history now has the father of our country in its sights as the San Francisco Board of Education considers removing a mural of Washington from a local school.

If the board succeeds in politicizing Washington, whose legacy was once so secured and uniting that his home at Mount Vernon was considered neutral ground during the Civil War, then we have clearly crossed the Rubicon of social division.

Critics of the mural point out that, in addition to Washington, it also depicts slaves and Native Americans—and one of the Native Americans appears to be dead.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/20/the-war-on-history-comes-for-george-washington/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&

Dat ole cracka wad bees wear-in de wig and de funnie tite pants???? Who he thinks he bees,snoop dawg or sumbodie portant?

Ok,the nickel has finally dropped. I have never in my life,beginning from time when I was around 6 and my mothers black "lady friend" (lady friend was how she was always described,without the black part being spoken) would occasionally stop by to visit,to my time in the army where I had black friends put their lives and health at risk to save my life,and I put my own life at risk to save their lives and health,to my time working with the Post Office where I honestly had very good black friends that were inviting me to their homes to have dinner and meet their families have I ever considered myself to be prejudiced against black people in general.

That's over. The left has succeeded in dumbing  down black people and making them hostile to anything and anyone not black that I have became their enemy because of my skin tone,so in self-defense I must respond to them in kind. I will still be friendly with the black friends I already have,but will never trust another black not already personally known by me.

They have been brainwashed to the point where it seems they want a race war,so all  I can say is "Bring it,and see how well that works out for you."

I am DONE with going the extra mile to be reasonable and fair.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:02:01 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 01:48:16 pm »
Dat ole cracka wad bees wear-in de wig and de funnie tite pants???? Who he thinks he bees,snoop dawg or sumbodie portant?

Ok,the nickel has finally dropped. I have never in my life,beginning from time when I was around 6 and my mothers black "lady friend" (lady friend was how he was always described,without the black part being spoken) would occasionally stop by to visit,to my time in the army where I had black friends put their lives and health at risk to save my life,and I put my own life at risk to save their lives and health,to my time working with the Post Office where I honestly had very good black friends that were inviting me to their homes to have dinner and meet their families have I ever considered myself to be prejudiced against black people in general.

That's over. The left has succeeded in dumbing  down black people and making them hostile to anything and anyone not black that I have became their enemy because of my skin tone,so in self-defense I must respond to them in kind. I will still be friendly with the black friends I already have,but will never trust another black not already personally known by me.

They have been brainwashed to the point where it seems they want a race war,so all  I can say is "Bring it,and see how well that works out for you."

I am DONE with going the extra mile to be reasonable and fair.

I understand. I have had similar experiences as I have always extended my hand in friendship to all.

In Vietnam and stateside, my black and brown friends and I would often discuss the ideas floating around the peace movement back then, like love and the brotherhood of man. Those were some of the positive aspects of the hippie phenomenon. So what happened to us? Maybe it was as simple as the money; when hippies got jobs and suddenly transformed into yuppies in the pursuit of ostentatious status symbols of success? But, something did happen to erase the dream.

Here we are 50 years later and we (the races) are more divided than ever.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:57:24 pm »
The marxists have long been using this country's original sin of slavery & Jim Crow as a sledgehammer to dismantle our social and governmental system as founded.

This nation, warts and all, has given everyone, blacks, whites, browns, the best standard of living mankind has ever known. The marxists are destroying all of that, largely in the name of minorities. They will replace it with poverty, violence and oppression for all.

Wake up folks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:59:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 11:04:12 pm »
I understand. I have had similar experiences as I have always extended my hand in friendship to all.

In Vietnam and stateside, my black and brown friends and I would often discuss the ideas floating around the peace movement back then, like love and the brotherhood of man. Those were some of the positive aspects of the hippie phenomenon. So what happened to us? Maybe it was as simple as the money; when hippies got jobs and suddenly transformed into yuppies in the pursuit of ostentatious status symbols of success? But, something did happen to erase the dream.

Here we are 50 years later and we (the races) are more divided than ever.

@aligncare

Most of the original hippies that were prominent were trust fund children back then,and their grandchildren are trust fund children today. It was and is a pose.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 11:09:04 pm »
The marxists have long been using this country's original sin of slavery & Jim Crow as a sledgehammer to dismantle our social and governmental system as founded.

@skeeter

Started in the 20's,and it was organized and financed by the USSR.

This nation, warts and all, has given everyone, blacks, whites, browns, the best standard of living mankind has ever known.

Not to mention the most access to higher education and trade schools,so the poor could learn and work their way out of poverty,which of course is unacceptable to the left. ALL advancements and advantages are to be doled out by them to those who do a proper job of kissing their asses while THEY live like feudal kings and queens in their private palaces.

The marxists are destroying all of that, largely in the name of minorities. They will replace it with poverty, violence and oppression for all.

Those are the only tunes they know how to sing.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 12:20:48 am »
@skeeter

Started in the 20's,and it was organized and financed by the USSR.

Not to mention the most access to higher education and trade schools,so the poor could learn and work their way out of poverty,which of course is unacceptable to the left. ALL advancements and advantages are to be doled out by them to those who do a proper job of kissing their asses while THEY live like feudal kings and queens in their private palaces.

The marxists are destroying all of that, largely in the name of minorities. They will replace it with poverty, violence and oppression for all.

Those are the only tunes they know how to sing.
As much as an ‘old timer’ as it makes me sound like, I’m grateful for having lived for at least a few decades in a relatively free country. Sure glad I won’t be around to suffer the ‘paradise’ the left is currently constructing here.