Author Topic: Prosecutors examining tens of thousands of Trump inauguration documents  (Read 808 times)

Online libertybele

Such a shame.  President Trump's inauguration was one of the most memorable for me.  I don't ever recall any President ever being this heavily investigated.  This is a continual waste of taxpayers money. 

Prosecutors examining tens of thousands of Trump inauguration documents

Federal prosecutors in New York are scrutinizing tens of thousands of documents relating to Donald Trump's inauguration in a sign that the investigation into the committee's finances is advancing.
The President's Inaugural Committee handed over the cache of documents over the course of several weeks in response to a wide-ranging subpoena seeking documents, records, and communications concerning the inaugural's finances, vendors, and donors sent in February by the US attorney's office with the Southern District of New York. The last set of documents was produced within the last month, people familiar with the matter said.
The end of the document production indicates the investigation is moving into the next stage. Authorities are investigating whether any of the record $107 million in donations for the inaugural was misspent, used to improperly benefit certain individuals, or came from foreign donors in violation of campaign finance laws that prohibit foreign money in US elections, people familiar with the inquiry said.
The ongoing investigation is one of several into Trump's businesses or campaign-related activities the White House is facing on multiple fronts, despite the end of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. What prosecutors find could also shed more light on any attempts by foreign governments or businesses to influence the President as the 2020 campaign gears up..........

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/20/politics/trump-inaugural-prosecutors-new-york/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Un effing believable.

These despots are gonna call down the thunder yet.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Still waiting to hear the penalty for taking foreign money in the Robert Francis attempt to take out Cruz.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Still waiting to hear the penalty for taking foreign money in the Robert Francis attempt to take out Cruz.

Foreign money? The Clintons were the royal couple of foreign donations. The media yawned.

My hatred for leftist scum burns brighter by the day.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pure politically motivated mother-of-all fishing expeditions not for investigating a crime, but trying to find one.
The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

Pure politically motivated mother-of-all fishing expeditions not for investigating a crime, but trying to find one.
Just like Stalin. The antithesis of American Justice.

Online corbe

Jeez, maybe had Trump's Inauguration Committee not taken millions in questionable contributions, some from Foreigners and a lot still unaccounted for, this $hit wouldn't be happening.

Is my TDS acting up, again?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
   Jeez, maybe had Trump's Inauguration Committee not taken millions in questionable contributions, some from Foreigners and a lot still unaccounted for, this $hit wouldn't be happening.

Ironically, they have turned a blind eye to all of the Clinton and other Dem shenanigans in this vein, yet they go after Trump with wreckless abandon.

That's my biggest problem with all this.
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

Ironically, they have turned a blind eye to all of the Clinton and other Dem shenanigans in this vein, yet they go after Trump with wreckless abandon.

I agree wholeheartedly @Free Vulcan but I still remember what my Maw always told me as I was growing up ~ Two Wrongs don't make a Right.
   At 87 years young (and a Trump supporter) she no longer believes that, BUT I STILL DO!

Hypothetical: How can WE attack a dem that does this crap in 2024 or 2028?   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Not surprising. This is the new norm for the DEMS; going after anyone running under the GOP umbrella.  Accuse until the public believes that they have done something wrong.

How did we get to the point where the DEMS get away with so much yet the GOP is held accountable every time they even sneeze?

If you are a conservative white Christian; look out, the liberals are coming for you!  They are coming for your reputation, your money, your faith, and your rights under the Constitution.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

TDS again?   :shrug:   Consider that had Clinton not LOST the election and had similar 'questionable' contributions, this wouldn't even be an issue.   

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
   I agree wholeheartedly @Free Vulcan but I still remember what my Maw always told me as I was growing up ~ Two Wrongs don't make a Right.
   At 87 years young (and a Trump supporter) she no longer believes that, BUT I STILL DO!

True, but not going after both creates serious integrity issues for the office. Their ability to investigate is deeply compromised.
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

I agree with both of yalls excellent points @libertybele and @Free Vulcan and I wish it didn't have to be this way.

Jon Butcher - Wishes

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online libertybele

True, but not going after both creates serious integrity issues for the office. Their ability to investigate is deeply compromised.

I believe the 'office' already suffers from serious integrity issues and their ability to investigate IS already deeply compromised.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

My Maw too!  That is the only defense people have.  And Trump was supposed to be different.  The guy that wasn't the politician.  But as we can see he is all politician and comes with the same shit that Hillary, Obama or any of them do.  I hear criticism on a regular basis from friends or people I go to church with about how Conservatives give Trump a hard time.  I don't argue with friends often.  Most of the time I just keep my mouth shut.  But it is clear that Trump could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and nobody would say a word.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
TDS again?   :shrug:   Consider that had Clinton not LOST the election and had similar 'questionable' contributions, this wouldn't even be an issue.

It would be the same.  Liberals would be having a fit that Republicans were trying to make an issue out of it.  And politics would go on the same way they always do.  That seems to be how it is designed.  If both sides are crooked everyone has an excuse.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Clinton?   Wasn't there just a story about 0bama and millions of foreign dollars?

Offline austingirl

Indeed, it is. From the CNN article:
So far prosecutors have not interviewed some of the top finance organizers of the inaugural or asked the Trump Organization for documents, according to people familiar with the investigation. Other people familiar with the investigation say there is no obviously damaging information in the documents.

Online dfwgator

Indeed, it is. From the CNN article:
So far prosecutors have not interviewed some of the top finance organizers of the inaugural or asked the Trump Organization for documents, according to people familiar with the investigation. Other people familiar with the investigation say there is no obviously damaging information in the documents.

Doesn't matter, CNN got the desired result by releasing the story, more red meat for the Trump haters.

Offline austingirl

Doesn't matter, CNN got the desired result by releasing the story, more red meat for the Trump haters.

CNN- speculation 24/7. Not a new organization.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
While it is irritating, wrong, obnoxious, etc., it is keeping the dems from becoming organized and actually passing harmful legislation.