Author Topic: Africans, Cubans pack Mexican shelters, hoping for a shot at asylum  (Read 516 times)

rangerrebew

Africans, Cubans pack Mexican shelters, hoping for a shot at asylum

By Dudley Althaus, Correspondent May 18, 2019

NUEVO LAREDO, Mexico — Tired? Check. Poor? Certainly. Yearning for American oxygen? Lord, yes.

“I can see Texas across the river, but I am not sure when we’ll get there or where we go then,” said Igor Nyangi, 36, a lawyer from the Democratic Republic of Congo, huddling with his wife and two young children. They and 700 other migrants are staying in a teeming compound a dozen blocks south of the Rio Grande.

“We trust in God that it will be better,” he said.

Even as President Trump tightens the screws along the Southwest U.S. border, migrants and refugees — from Central America, Cuba, West Africa, Mexico and elsewhere — are pouring into Nuevo Laredo and other Mexican border cities by the thousands.

These travelers say they’re determined to grasp a future that providence so far has denied them.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...r-13854860.php

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: