Author Topic: Trump: War would 'be the official end of Iran'  (Read 513 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: War would 'be the official end of Iran'
« on: May 19, 2019, 10:33:23 pm »
Trump: War would 'be the official end of Iran'
By Zack Budryk - 05/19/19 05:15 PM EDT

President Trump tweeted Sunday that military engagement with the U.S. would mean “the official end of Iran” amid rising tensions between the two nations.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!
3:25 PM - May 19, 2019

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/444481-trump-war-would-be-official-end-of-iran
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump: War would 'be the official end of Iran'
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 11:08:15 pm »
We can only hope.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 11:39:54 pm »
We can only hope.

I certainly don't want war with Iran, though I think its becoming inevitable.  Hopefully if push comes to shove, Trump isn't making idle threats.  That would be an absolute disaster.  Secondly, I truly hope Trump is weighing out the reaction that Iran's ally, Russia may have.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 01:31:05 pm »
Its hard to figure out what Trump is up to.  Russia and China are encouraging Taliban to accept US offers of peace deal in Afghanistan, but they are still bombing and killing people there.  They have also said that there would be no peace deal until the United States leaves.  They are not a group that is going to change their hate against the US.  Russia and Taliban also friendly with Iran.  If we did have a war in Iran it is likely that the Taliban would be fighting against us there also. 

And drawing out of Afghanistan if you are possibly going to engage in Iran?  And we will be held responsible if we are the ones holding peace talks with Taliban and it goes back to the extremist hell hole it used to be.  It will.  Taliban is an extremist religious group that will not change its religious law.

I think we are at the place that some of us worried about in the beginning.  When Trump said he would listen to the Generals but he was going to make the decisions.  From the beginning when it was a sign that he skipped briefings.  That he is having trouble with Bolton now and threatening the end of Iran.  Its a reckless statement unless he is manipulating the 2nd Coming of Christ.  People should read up on the End Times and Armageddon.  For certain this is a wars and rumors of wars hour. 

I'm ready.  Come Lord Jesus.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:29:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 03:00:12 pm »
Its hard to figure out what Trump is up to.  Russia and China are encouraging Taliban to accept US offers of peace deal in Afghanistan, but they are still bombing and killing people there.  They have also said that there would be no peace deal until the United States leaves.  They are not a group that is going to change their hate against the US.  Russia and Taliban also friendly with Iran.  If we did have a war in Iran it is likely that the Taliban would be fighting against us there also. 

And drawing out of Afghanistan if you are possibly going to engage in Iran?  And we will be held responsible if we are the ones holding peace talks with Taliban and it goes back to the extremist hell hole it used to be.  It will.  Taliban is an extremist religious group that will not change its religious law.

I think we are at the place that some of us worried about in the beginning.  When Trump said he would listen to the Generals but he was going to make the decisions.  From the beginning when it was a sign that he skipped briefings.  That he is having trouble with Bolton now and threatening the end of Iran.  Its a reckless statement unless he is manipulating the 2nd Coming of Christ.  People should read up on the End Times and Armageddon.  For certain this is a wars and rumors of wars hour. 

I'm ready.  Come Lord Jesus.

It's particularly difficult to understand what is going on if you start from the position of "orange man bad".  It reduces the options greatly, but creates a confusing situation.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 03:31:24 pm »
Iran dismisses Trump's 'genocidal taunts'
5-7 minutes
File photo of Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif (24 April 2019) Image copyright Reuters
Image caption Mohammad Javad Zarif has insisted that Iran does not want a war

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has dismissed US President Donald Trump's "genocidal taunts" and warned him not to threaten the country.

With tensions rising, Mr Trump tweeted on Sunday: "If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran."

Mr Zarif said the president should look at history. "Iranians have stood tall for millennia while aggressors all gone... Try respect - it works!"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48338168

Iran has said stuff about Israel much worse,  Trump said something that is usually regarded to as trash talk or something like that and now, Iran wimps out on this.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 04:18:25 pm »
It's particularly difficult to understand what is going on if you start from the position of "orange man bad".  It reduces the options greatly, but creates a confusing situation.

Perzackly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 04:27:11 pm »
Lindsey Graham
Verified accountï‚™ @LindseyGrahamSC 

Just received a briefing from National Security Advisor Bolton about escalating tensions with Iran.

It is clear that over the last several weeks Iran has attacked pipelines and ships of other nations and created threat streams against American interests in Iraq.

7:00 AM - 20 May 2019

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1130473484122054661

Lindsey Graham
Verified accountï‚™ @LindseyGrahamSC 

The fault lies with the Iranians, not the United States or any other nation. 

If the Iranian threats against American personnel and interests are activated we must deliver an overwhelming military response. 

Stand firm Mr. President.

7:02 AM - 20 May 2019

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1130473916605108229

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 04:34:41 pm »

Glad 'Never met a war he didn't like' is on board.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 05:16:13 pm »
People should read up on the End Times and Armageddon.  For certain this is a wars and rumors of wars hour.

Relax, we’ve seen this movie, before, when the villain was Kim and the tag line was ‘fire and fury.’ Give it time. Trump will be in the UAE or some other 3rd party M.E. nation, saying how much in love he and Rouhani are.

Besides, he said in the latest tweet not to threaten the US again. I suppose he means 'again, again' because he said the same thing last year, in all caps.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!

3:25 PM - May 19, 2019

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

10:24 PM · Jul 22, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:02:20 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 03:22:09 am »

Well, I have posted  "orange man good" when he did good things. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.