Author Topic: Billionaire commencement speaker to pay off student loans of entire class  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That’s nice, but what about all the other classes before and after this one?

What about them?  Maybe we should prohibit philanthropists from helping people if they can't afford to help all the people.  That's pretty collectivist, don't you think?

I'm glad he did it, it beats the heck out of the Rats' plans to use taxpayer money to take from blue-collar workers to subsidize white-collar students.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It's cheaper than actually employing them.

It does add an incentive for the grads to take some time off and "find themselves" as they used to say when A person was too lazy to look for a job.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's called 'envy'.

That particular brand of envy can only be sated by taking money from others by force.  I call it "collectivism."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It does add an incentive for the grads to take some time off and "find themselves" as they used to say when A person was too lazy to look for a job.

It's like what I heard Warren Buffet's son said the other day:  Dad gave us plenty of money...enough to do something but not enough to do nothing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It’s called making yourself feel good.  Wealth hath its privileges.

Someone's jealous.  It's Obviously not a good look on you
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Idiot

I’ll bet his inbox is packed full of speaking invitations for 2020.
Quote of the day right there...…...lololol. @edpc
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:25:04 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't think this is a tax write-off either, so he's not even benefiting from that. 

Offline goatprairie

One of my step-daughters worked her way through law school sometimes working two or three jobs during the summer.
She knew a number of trust-fund babies at her LS who were perplexed at her having to work to get through school.
She asked some of them what they were going to do during the summer off. Golf, sailing, etc. Certainly not working.
And a number of them, even after they got their law degree, decided to take time off and "find themselves."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One of my step-daughters worked her way through law school sometimes working two or three jobs during the summer.
She knew a number of trust-fund babies at her LS who were perplexed at her having to work to get through school.
She asked some of them what they were going to do during the summer off. Golf, sailing, etc. Certainly not working.
And a number of them, even after they got their law degree, decided to take time off and "find themselves."

And, they will never get as much meaning out of life as she will.  And, they will never understand why.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That particular brand of envy can only be sated by taking money from others by force.  I call it "collectivism."

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

@Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:05:04 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

I was kind of like your stepdaughter. It was essential to find work during the summers in order to fund my law school education (which I wish I'd never wasted the time and money to pursue). I eventually had to borrow $6,000 (before adding interest) to make it through - and paid off the student loan within a few years after graduation, even though my first few jobs - with county and state government - paid well under $25,000.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"

@Cyber Liberty

Zackly.  I've noticed the only people who have trouble with this are on the left.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

Babylon Bee:
Bernie Sanders Criticizes Billionaire For Giving Money To Students Instead Of The Needy Federal Government
May 20th, 2019

... Sanders pointed to the egregious waste of funds as a perfect example of what happens when billionaires are allowed to keep their money.

"Why does this evil billionaire think he knows what's best for his money when clearly the incredibly efficient federal government could put it to better use?" Sanders said at a rally Monday. "This is just another example of corrupt billionaires hoarding their money instead of using it for the greater good by giving it to the government."  ...
Full story   :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Babylon Bee:Full story   :whistle:

See!  LOL!  close to true.

Too bad it's satire, but a lot of satire is close to true.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 11:06:53 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Babylon Bee:Full story   :whistle:

Clearly satire.  The Bern would never use phrases like "his money" or "their money".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goatprairie

I was kind of like your stepdaughter. It was essential to find work during the summers in order to fund my law school education (which I wish I'd never wasted the time and money to pursue). I eventually had to borrow $6,000 (before adding interest) to make it through - and paid off the student loan within a few years after graduation, even though my first few jobs - with county and state government - paid well under $25,000.
My step-daughter also took the first law job available after graduation. The job didn't pay much, but it was a start.
She's now 40 and owns her law firm. She knows a number of grads in her class who never got started. They were waiting for the offers from the Big Firms they were sure would come their way.  They're still waiting.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's called 'envy'.

@Hoodat

That's one word that can be used. I can think of several more that might not be as appropriate on a public board.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

Because they are worse off simply because of the caprice of one wealthy person; someone who, quite honestly, is exercising the very real privileges that wealth brings (as compared to the phony, no existent privileges supposedly associated with being white).

The point is, he isn’t accomplishing much other than making himself feel good because the objects of his largesse are limited to one random group of people. 

It’s a nice thing to do, but it’s also got nothing to do with making the cost of education less onerous.
No their condition is exactly the same as it was last week, last month, last year. The condition of someone else has no bearing on their condition. You need to get some serious therapy.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.