Author Topic: McCarthy dismisses Amash impeachment comments: 'He wants to have attention'  (Read 243 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

McCarthy dismisses Amash impeachment comments: 'He wants to have attention'
Fox News, May 19, 2019, Ronn Blitzer

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy does not appear to be taking Rep. Justin Amash's recent tweets about President Trump very seriously, claiming that the Michigan Republican simply "wants to have attention," and questioning his GOP bona fides.

This is exactly what he wants, he wants to have attention," McCarthy said on "Sunday Morning Futures." He went on to express doubt over Amash's Republican leanings in general.

"You've got to understand Justin Amash. He's been in Congress quite some time. I think he's asked one question in all the committees that he's been in. He votes more with Nancy Pelosi than he ever votes with me. It's a question whether he's even in our Republican conference as a whole."

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-dismisses-amash-impeachment-comments-he-wants-to-have-attention

Offline skeeter

And consider that this is Kevin McCarthy saying this.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Amash has business interests in China and doesn't like the way Trump is acting toward that country.  Simple as that.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien