Author Topic: Rocket attack targets U.S. embassy in Iraq  (Read 459 times)

Offline corbe

Rocket attack targets U.S. embassy in Iraq
« on: May 19, 2019, 07:27:03 pm »
Rocket attack targets U.S. embassy in Iraq

By Carlo Muñoz   - The Washington Times - Sunday, May 19, 2019 

The U.S. embassy in Baghdad was the target of a rocket attack late Sunday, days after the Trump White House ordered American diplomatic personnel to pull out of the country.

Iraqi military officials confirmed Sunday a single Katyusha rocket landed near the parade grounds inside the heavily-fortified Green Zone in the Iraqi capital, which is home to the U.S. embassy as well as the main headquarters for the American-led coalition battling the Islamic State.

Iraqi officials confirmed a single rocket landed inside the sprawling diplomatic compound, landing a few hundred meters from the U.S. embassy, Reuters reports. But eyewitnesses claim a second rocket also landed inside the Green Zone, according to unconfirmed reports.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/may/19/us-embassy-iraq-targeted-rocket-attack/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Rocket attack targets U.S. embassy in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 07:39:08 pm »
I’m sure there are conspiracy site owners and contributors pounding away on their keyboards, right now, pounding out their ‘false flag’ narratives.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 07:43:04 pm »
The building is empty, right.  The US personal were ordered out a few days ago.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 07:48:38 pm »
I'm undecided for sure but I think the headline sounds a lot worse than what happened, I will read up....

"Katyusha rocket falls near U.S. Embassy in Central Baghdad, no injuries "
https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Blast-heard-in-central-Baghdad-close-to-US-Embassy-Reuters-witnesses-590120

Early to tell.

Important story though, personnel there or not.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 07:54:05 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 09:49:13 pm »
Funny cartoon, I'm not sure if I agree with Prof. Hanke here, of John Hopkins University and more notably, guy worked for Reagan:

Prof. Steve Hanke
‏Verified account @steve_hanke

Warmongers like John #Bolton in the #Trump administration are pushing the U.S. closer to the brink of conflict with #Iran & #NorthKorea.  Interventionist nonsense strengthens the incumbent regime while hurting citizens.

https://twitter.com/steve_hanke/status/1130145589876928512

But a funny cartoon, a lot of people are blaming Bolton for all.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:06:37 am »
Funny cartoon, I'm not sure if I agree with Prof. Hanke here, of John Hopkins University and more notably, guy worked for Reagan:

But a funny cartoon, a lot of people are blaming Bolton for all.

True, there’s been bellicose statements from Bolton and he’s more of a hawk than McMasters. Nevertheless, the talk of withdrawal from the Iran deal and the ‘fire and fury’ comments from Trump preceded the Bolton appointment. We’ve known, for over a decade, the Iranians the North Koreans have been working jointly on a nuclear weapons program. You can’t make statements like that, without the willingness to back it up.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34