Author Topic: GOP senator: Supreme Court abortion cases were 'wrongly decided as a constitutional matter'  (Read 312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator: Supreme Court abortion cases were 'wrongly decided as a constitutional matter'
By Rachel Frazin - 05/19/19 11:40 AM EDT

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said in an NBC interview that aired Sunday that he believes landmark Supreme Court cases on abortion were "wrongly decided as a constitutional matter."

“Those decisions were wrongly decided as a constitutional matter,” Cotton said on "Meet the Press" during a discussion on the cases of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey that established and upheld abortion rights.

Cotton argued that politicians should be the ones who make the decisions on abortion.

“These are decisions that the American people ought to make through their elected representatives," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/abortion/444450-cotton-supreme-court-abortion-cases-were-wrongly-decided-as-a
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Senator Cotton is entirely correct.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

Senator Cotton is incorrect. 

Offline bilo

Senator Cotton is entirely correct.

You are so right.

If Abortion is to be decided at the federal level it should be in Congress. I really think the sovereign states should decide this issue individually. I know I wouldn't agree with how a lot of blue-liberal states would decide this, but if I believe in a decentralized republican form of govt this is an issue that is left to individual states to decide.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Absalom

So Cotton argues that politicians should be the ones who make the decision on abortion.
Politicians! POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The trash we label politicians, in these times, are so beyond stupid as to leave anyone
w/even a room temperature IQ, running while screaming.
The Natural Law, discovered through reason thousands of years ago, was derived from
the behavior of human nature and had absolutely nothing to do w/any rules of
culture/society or any religious impulse.
It's core premise is that the Family Unit is the foundation of culture/society for eternity
and anything that harms it, such as abortion; a medical procedure in which a human
life is deliberately terminated; is condemned and forbidden by the Natural Law.
But this Arkansas jackass insists that politicians should be the decider over life and death.
Doesn't this tell us beyond any doubt why we are in the quagmire we are ?????

Bill Cipher

So Cotton argues that politicians should be the ones who make the decision on abortion.
Politicians! POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The trash we label politicians, in these times, are so beyond stupid as to leave anyone
w/even a room temperature IQ, running while screaming.
The Natural Law, discovered through reason thousands of years ago, was derived from
the behavior of human nature and had absolutely nothing to do w/any rules of
culture/society or any religious impulse.
It's core premise is that the Family Unit is the foundation of culture/society for eternity
and anything that harms it, such as abortion; a medical procedure in which a human
life is deliberately terminated; is condemned and forbidden by the Natural Law.
But this Arkansas jackass insists that politicians should be the decider over life and death.
Doesn't this tell us beyond any doubt why we are in the quagmire we are ?????

:shrug: