Author Topic: SCOTUS asked to determine how far public schools can go in promoting Islam while disparaging Christ  (Read 876 times)

rangerrebew

SCOTUS asked to determine how far public schools can go in promoting Islam while disparaging Christianity

Since about 2009 when U.S. public-schools started introducing Islamic-related lesson plans into their curricula, there has been no corresponding instruction on Christianity, its major religious tenets or the positive impact it has had on Western civilization.

Historic figures such as Christopher Columbus and George Washington have taken on increasingly negative profiles in many schools, where “white privilege” is taught as the biggest sin handed down from our forefathers. [One Chicago-area middle school actually pressed criminal charges against Christopher Columbus in a 2017 mock trial].

https://leohohmann.com/2019/05/15/scotus-asked-to-determine-how-far-public-schools-can-go-in-promoting-islam-while-disparaging-christianity/

rangerrebew

Since, like it or not, Islam is a religion, how can SCOTUS allow it to be promoted?  They will, but it violates the separation of church and state. 9999hair out0000

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Some say Islam is a political ideology/movement disguised as a religion.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Some say Islam is a political ideology/movement disguised as a religion.
And some say Islam is a club for pedophiles, rapists, women batterers and murderers that couldn't decide on a name but settled on I Slam since it pretty well identified what they do it it got shortened to Islam.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
File this one under:
Who's winning...?

(a question I've been asking and posting for 16 years now)

Online Hoodat

The federal courts need to nutt out, stop endorsing secular humanism, and allow States to teach what their citizens want taught.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-