Author Topic: Democrat 2020 hopefuls eye coveted Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez endorsement  (Read 578 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrat 2020 hopefuls eye coveted Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez endorsement

Ben Riley-Smith, US Editor

18 May 2019 • 2:46pm

She is the great young hope of America’s Left-wing, an articulate and impassioned progressive whose policies have gained traction and Twitter feed is followed by four million.

Now Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the 29-year-old first-time congressman from New York, is seeing her newfound political clout manifest in a new way – a race for her endorsement.

With two dozen Democrats seeking their party’s presidential nomination, the support of Ms Ocasio-Cortez is being seen as a way to win over the young, energised voters who will help shape the race.

Chief among the contenders are Bernie Sanders, the independent 77-year-old senator from Vermont, and Elizabeth Warren, the former academic now representing Massachusetts in the Senate.

Both have made tacit acknowledgement of Ms Ocasio-Cortez’s influence in public in recent weeks – whether for policy reasons, or for political gain, or both.

more
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/18/democrat-2020-hopefuls-eye-coveted-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Ah yes, the coveted endorsement of the bartender.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ah yes, the coveted endorsement of the bartender.

Maybe she will buy the house a round.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe she will buy the house a round.

I wonder how this "bartender" stuff redounds to your friendly bottle-washer at The Members Lounge.  She's more trained than I.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is sarcasm,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the 29-year-old first-time congressman

Uhhh,I haven't personally checked and just ain't interested enough to check,but she is a congressWOMAN,AFAIK.

How can you get something that basic wrong and call yourself a reporter?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Uhhh,I haven't personally checked and just ain't interested enough to check,but she is a congressWOMAN,AFAIK.

How can you get something that basic wrong and call yourself a reporter?

@sneakypete

You sexist pig....

:happyhappy:

(I call them all "Congresscritters.")
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

Who in their right mind considers her "articulate"?
Seriously the only time she can put more than two words together is when someone else writes them for her.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Who in their right mind considers her "articulate"?

Like, like a Valley Girl,  you know.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

You sexist pig....

:happyhappy:

(I call them all "Congresscritters.")

@Cyber Liberty

Me,too. In fact,I THINK I may be the first one to hang that sign around their necks. It's not nice to generalize,but almost all of them seem to deserve that tag,and EVERY ONE we read about or hear about daily in the news. The "good ones" have a hard time getting mentioned in their local papers,never mind nationally.