Author Topic: Republican Justin Amash Calls for Impeachment – While Holding Personal Business Interests in China…  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
JUSTIN AMASH
Congressman, United States

When one thinks of Congressman Justin Amash, one is inclined to think of his commitment to individual liberty, limited government and transparency between him and his constituents.
What one would likely fail to think of, however, is his Palestinian heritage.

A 34-year-old Republican representative for Michigan’s 3rd congressional district and Chairman of the House Liberty Caucus, Amash is the first American of Palestinian ancestry to serve in the United States Congress. Born to a Syrian-Greek Orthodox mother and a Palestinian-Christian father, Amash was raised in Kentwood, Michigan along with two brothers. Amash’s father, Attallah, emigrated to the United States at the age of 17 from Bethlehem, Palestine in 1956. Prior to this, Attallah and his family had been living in refugee camps after being expelled from their family home following the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948, or what Palestinians call the Nakba. Despite his humble beginnings, Attallah went on to start his own business, founding Amash Imports Inc. in 1960.

Before pursuing a career in the political arena, Amash attained a bachelors degree in economics at the University of Michigan and continued his higher education by earning his Juris Doctorate at the University of Michigan Law School in 2005. After working as a corporate attorney and taking part in the family business for a few years, Amash decided to run for the Michigan House of Representatives in 2008.

Though Amash has been notably reserved about his Palestinian roots, he hasn’t shied away from the subject on social media. In a Facebook post following his decision to vote in favor of HR 4133 United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012, Amash cited his background in discussing his approach to the legislation, writing:

“My father is Palestinian and my mother is Syrian. Israel is far from perfect. Some of its policies and actions violate deeply held American principles of liberty and justice. But Israel is our closest friend in a very troubled region. Our national defense benefits from Israel’s ability to defend itself and to serve as a check against neighboring authoritarian regimes and extremists. Assisting with training and the development of Israel’s military capacity allows the U.S. to take a less interventionist role in the region. I am hopeful that American troops soon can leave the region and Israel and its neighbors can live in peace without U.S. aid or involvement.”

https://palestiniansurprises.com/surprise/justin-amash/

I believe in truth.  Criticism should be based on truth.  There still are Christians in the ME.  They have been driven out till their numbers are few but Jesus was born in Bethlehem.  " Oh little town of Bethlehem"
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

What did he do?

In spite of the Trumpian Whitewash, members of his campaign staff actively solicited Russian elements (KGB and Wikileaks) for dirt (emails) on his political opponents. 
   Read the Emails with an open mind and you will see it too, @Right_in_Virginia

The released emails are four pages long. Some of the most notable parts:
• Goldstone wrote to Trump Jr. that "The Crown prosecutor of Russia…offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father."
• Goldstone also wrote that the information "is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump."
• Trump Jr. writes to Goldstone on the chain, "if it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jr-posted-rob-goldstone-emails-russia-2017-7

Thanks for tattling on me last night. /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

So the farmers think it's ok to ship all our manufacturing and millions of jobs to China
which uses our $$$ to build their military so they can defeat us in a war? What a bunch
of dumb farmers. Back in the day people were not that stupid about Communist China.

The establishment wing of the GOP is much like the rats in that regard - they'll throw in with an enemy if it means getting their political franchise back.

Too bad, they weren't always this way.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So the farmers think it's ok to ship all our manufacturing and millions of jobs to China
which uses our $$$ to build their military so they can defeat us in a war? What a bunch
of dumb farmers. Back in the day people were not that stupid about Communist China.
They screwed up.  They trusted Trump.

Offline libertybele

How can anyone put any credence into what he says?? What he says and what he does is more often then not two different things.  He has backpedaled many times on the wall and amnesty and truly lacks any credibility.

However, I don't believe that President Trump hasn't done anything impeachable. The corruption lies heavily within and surrounding the Clinton camp and the past administration.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:00:37 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Everything is Dim and Bush with you. You’re an unrelenting, post-blitzing, tiresome bore. Why don’t you throw out the full kitchen sink of non-sequiturs, tell us, once again, some ‘Nam stories, and how you’re Greek and American Indian.   *****rollingeyes*****

@edpc

Blah,blah,senseless whine,blah. Jealousy will never get you anywhere,but you do seem to have a lot of insecurities to deal with. I wish you bad luck with all of them, You worked hard for it,and you deserve it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

This is factually true. However, I don’t agree with the application of it, as a purely political tool, because it sets terrible precedent. In my view, it’s similar to the emergency declaration. Both are permissible, but both are overreaching.

@edpc

I have came to the conclusion that rumors and threats of impeachment are going to be SOP for every president we ever have from here on out. It's just too useful as a propaganda tool to harm your opponent and rally your own troops for the political insiders and the press to ever give it up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jpsb

Careful,or you will be called confused,

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What did he do?

@Right_in_Virginia

He got more votes that the Party Regular Usual Suspects,and that just can't be tolerated! Doesn't this bully know there were people waiting in line ahead of him that expected to be President?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The establishment wing of the GOP is much like the rats in that regard - they'll throw in with an enemy if it means getting their political franchise back.

@skeeter

Same critter,different disguise. Globalists,one and all.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Once-Ler

What color is the sky on your home planet,comrade?

@Once-Ler

What color is the sky on your home planet,comrade?
@sneakypete
You personally insult me because you lack the ability to counter my arguments for Amash, and against Trump.  I think that is pitiful.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
You personally insult me because you lack the ability to counter my arguments for Amash, and against Trump.  I think that is pitiful.

@Once-Ler

No,I personally insult you because you earned the insults,and because you are a political operative working for the left.

And because it's easy. You are low-hanging fruit.

Offline Absalom

Amash father = Palestinian

Amash mother = Syrian

Amash $$$:

----------------------------------
I have no interest in the politics here. NONE!
But if you're implying he's a Muslim, get your facts straight!
Amash' s Father is from a Christian Family in Palestine
while his Mother is from a Christian Family in Syria, a former
French Colony by the way.

@Once-Ler

No,I personally insult you because you earned the insults,and because you are a political operative working for the left.

And because it's easy. You are low-hanging fruit.

If you figure out how to comment about the political players instead of me, you too could become a highly paid political operative instead of a troll. wink777

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Orchestrated personal smears. It's the Trump Way.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Right_in_Virginia

If you figure out how to comment about the political players instead of me, you too could become a highly paid political operative instead of a troll.

@sneakypete is not the troll.   888blackhat

Online Right_in_Virginia

Seriously?  The Trump Way???  Have you been in a coma for three years??

Offline libertybele

Indeed.   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

Trumpsters can no longer recognize a principled conservative.  I agree with Rep Amash because I believe...

1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

I'm glad he said it.
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Amash has a family business with items made in China.  That has nothing to do with his impeachment statement about Trump.  Trump's clothes for men, including ties he sells and Ivanka's clothes (and I think she also has a line of shoes she sells) are all made in China.

There are two major differences between those two situations:

1) Trump has a ton of different business interests, and so isn't nearly as dependent upon Chinese product as is Amash, whose entire family business depends on Chinese production.  More importantly;

2)  Trump's aggressive trade actions against China cut against the personal business interests you describe, so there isn't a plausible argument that his political position is motivated by his personal financial interests.  Amash, on the other hand, is attacking the guy who is imposing trade sanctions that hurt Amash's financial interests.  So there is a much more legitimate reason to question his motives.

We all have items made by China in our houses.  Should everyone who has China items in their houses be fired from his/her job (same as impeachment) because they have them?

Nobody is saying anyone should be fired - well, other than those calling for Trump's impeachment.   Also, being a end-use consumer of some goods from China is much different from owning a family business that is dependent upon production facilities in China.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:30:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline dfwgator

888high58888  @skeeter

I predict Amash will run for President as a member of the Libertarian Party.