Author Topic: GOP lawmaker: Trump has engaged in multiple actions that 'meet the threshold for impeachment'  (Read 7878 times)

Offline skeeter

I wouldn't call any of it ethical but I stop short of impeachment.  I am for a return to Constitutional government.  People of good character who don't need Russian help to get elected.

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to tell me what 'any of it' is.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I wouldn't call any of it ethical but I stop short of impeachment.  I am for a return to Constitutional government.  People of good character who don't need Russian help to get elected.

Well, it didn't work in this case because she didn't get elected.

Offline corbe

I'd rather the Country NOT be dragged through another Impeachment hearing but politically I think it will damage he dems much more than the Reps so it's a win~win for the President.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well, it didn't work in this case because she didn't get elected.

And Trump didn't need Russia's help.  There was plenty to say that Hillary Clinton is a dirt bag liar that puts Americans at risk without the help of a foreign power.  And nobody knows what was expected for that help.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

And Trump didn't need Russia's help.  There was plenty to say that Hillary Clinton is a dirt bag liar that puts Americans at risk without the help of a foreign power.  And nobody knows what was expected for that help.

Russia wasn't helping Trump.  They were and are trying to sow confusion and dissent and make it look like our electoral process is compromised.  In that they have been successful.  Remember, they also "helped" the Clinton campaign.

Offline skeeter

How in the world was helping create the Steele Dossier intended to "help" Trump?

Online andy58-in-nh

There is no evidence that Trump did anything illegal in trying to influence or obstruct the investigation that, let us not forget, was occasioned by a conspiracy among his political opponents both in and out of government. The parameters of that conspiracy are only now themselves being investigated.

If you were framed for a crime you did not commit, would you forgo an opportunity to speak out upon or investigate the source of such baseless charges simply because some might view it as tampering or evidence of guilt?   

Of course not. And yet we must admit that impeachment is a political and not a criminal remedy, for which the definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors" was intentionally left vague. Congress is empowered to impeach and/or remove a sitting President, but they are equally susceptible to the social and electoral consequences of such actions.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

There is no evidence that Trump did anything illegal in trying to influence or obstruct the investigation that, let us not forget, was occasioned by a conspiracy among his political opponents both in and out of government. The parameters of that conspiracy are only now themselves being investigated.

If you were framed for a crime you did not commit, would you forgo an opportunity to speak out upon or investigate the source of such baseless charges simply because some might view it as tampering or evidence of guilt?   

Of course not. And yet we must admit that impeachment is a political and not a criminal remedy, for which the definition of "high crimes and misdemeanors" was intentionally left vague. Congress is empowered to impeach and/or remove a sitting President, but they are equally susceptible to the social and electoral consequences of such actions.   

Impeachment is a political remedy but not an exclusively political one, as the rats & others are making it. There has to be something more substantive underlying it than 'I don't like the president'.

But of course they can try.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:38:30 pm by skeeter »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to tell me what 'any of it' is.

As I understand it, "any of it" refers to tweeting and complaining about being railroaded, something any innocent person would do.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

If Trump shuts down imports from China he stands to lose up to a million bucks a year because his company imports all the garden tools they sell from China.

Bulls being gored is a GOOD thing unless it is YOUR bull.

I don't know if you saw my earlier post, but he has also commented that he has thought of running 3rd party to challenge Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!  I could follow Ivanka's money.  Donald Trumps money too.

@Chosen Daughter

Nice try at a cheap shot. Trump will lose money too,if we cut off trade with China.

Maybe you could post a few photos of Boy Jorge or JEB to cheer yourself up? Or maybe Poppy and Boy Jorge socializing with Bubba?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Impeachment is a political remedy but not an exclusively political one, as the rats & others are making it. There has to be something more substantive underlying it than 'I don't like the president'.

@skeeter

Yeah,but if your goal is to sow discord amongst your opponents supporters to cut into their donations and political support,you can hurt them by just making the accusations,no proof or conviction needed.

It's not a search for justice,it's just a political strategy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Maybe Rep Amash thinks U.S.-imposed tariffs are taxes on Americans, and President Trump is boasting that he loves collecting big taxes on Americans.

And maybe you are again spewing the dreams that help you sleep nights.   :smokin:

@skeeter

Yeah,but if your goal is to sow discord amongst your opponents supporters to cut into their donations and political support,you can hurt them by just making the accusations,no proof or conviction needed.

It's not a search for justice,it's just a political strategy.

:thumbsup: @sneakypete

It appears statists everywhere are in flop sweat mode.   88devil

Offline libertybele

Russia wasn't helping Trump.  They were and are trying to sow confusion and dissent and make it look like our electoral process is compromised.  In that they have been successful.  Remember, they also "helped" the Clinton campaign.

The Muller witch hunt took nearly two years and what has become crystal clear to me is that Mueller, Rosenstein and cronies had ample time to bury any evidence that would point the fingers where they should have been pointed; at the Clinton campaign.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

It’s not quite as clean as that.  Trump did some things that could be construed as possibly supporting a prosecution for obstruction - which is in part because the obstruction law is so broad (too broad imho) - but doesn’t appear to have done anything that is clearly within the core meaning of obstruction of justice.  In other words, pretty thin gruel. 

That being said, I see no basis for impeachment other than the democrats’ personal dislike.  In a way I hope the democrats are really stupid enough to start impeachment proceedings, because I think that will blow up in their faces worse than the impeachment of Clinton blew up in the faces of the GOP. 

Offline skeeter

@Once-Ler

By the time the hysterics are finished 'Flynn's a good guy, I hope you can let this go" will become Trump's official EO written in Steve Bannon's blood delivered in a black document pouch in an alley behind the Willard hotel.

I'm looking forward to Flynn being justly sprung, BTW. What happened to him was the crime.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:36:24 pm by skeeter »

Offline dfwgator

It’s not quite as clean as that.  Trump did some things that could be construed as possibly supporting a prosecution for obstruction - which is in part because the obstruction law is so broad (too broad imho) - but doesn’t appear to have done anything that is clearly within the core meaning of obstruction of justice.  In other words, pretty thin gruel. 

That being said, I see no basis for impeachment other than the democrats’ personal dislike.  In a way I hope the democrats are really stupid enough to start impeachment proceedings, because I think that will blow up in their faces worse than the impeachment of Clinton blew up in the faces of the GOP.

No President has had as much of his dirty laundry aired out like Trump has,  you know damn well this is all child's play compared to what previous Presidents have done.

Bill Cipher

No President has had as much of his dirty laundry aired out like Trump has,  you know damn well this is all child's play compared to what previous Presidents have done.

Like I said: thin gruel.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good analysis.

Offline dfwgator

Good analysis.

Ok, so Trump isn't "squeaky clean". 

There never has been, nor will there ever be a "squeaky clean" politician.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Politician.  What everyone missed that he was seasoned in politics.  He knew the ins and outs of getting what you want from Government.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Bill Cipher

He has accumulated more than the average amount of dirt.  That being said, I don’t see the dirt he’s accumulated as being impeachable, and I rather suspect a sufficient number of senators feel the same way.