Author Topic: Trump officials not sending migrants to Florida after backlash  (Read 791 times)

Online corbe

Trump officials not sending migrants to Florida after backlash

By Rachel Frazin - 05/18/19 11:20 AM EDT

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does not plan to send migrant families to Florida after reports about a Trump administration proposal resulted in backlash from local and state officials this week.

A CBP official told The Hill on Saturday that the administration is not looking at transporting family units to Florida "at this time" but said officials were looking at housing migrants in other areas across the country.

It was reported earlier this week that the administration planned to send hundreds of migrant families to Broward and Palm Beach counties, two Democratic strongholds in Florida that are among the state's most populous areas.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/444391-trump-admin-wont-be-sending-migrants-to-florida-after-backlash
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump officials not sending migrants to Florida after backlash
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 06:27:55 pm »
The illegals will probably be sent to my small town.  This town already has a batch of illegals and alleged "refugees" dumped here because the stupid politicians said they were welcome (of course, these politicians didn't bother to ask us townspeople if we wanted them here).  Just what this poor town needs --  more welfare collectors, drug addicts and thieves.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 11:20:46 pm »
At some point, I reckon local folks (at least in the red states) are going to rise up en masse and put a stop to this.

Send 'em to the sanctuary cities! Every last one of 'em !!

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 11:45:19 pm »
   I was gonna go to my Local Brewery (4 blocks away) and have some brews, since the rain stopped, butt I realized I have good beer here and the cops are out (even if I walked it can be problematic) so I decided to stay in and see if I could aggravate a few Trumpers.

Ted Cruz unveils immigration plan

By Rebecca Shabad

November 13, 2015 / 5:04 PM / CBS News

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, on Friday released a comprehensive immigration plan that he would execute as president that would severely limit legal immigration, but it doesn't explicitly address what should happen to the 11 million illegal immigrants who have been living in the U.S.

At a rally in Orlando, Florida, the GOP presidential candidate unveiled the plan and posted it on his campaign website.

"A strong President can and must secure the border. Under current law, there is more than enough legal authority to do so; what is missing is the political will. In the Senate, I have stood consistently with the majority of Americans against amnesty and lawlessness, and I will do the same as President," said Cruz, who has been trading barbs over immigration with his GOP rival Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida.

Cruz said his first priority would be to secure the border by building "a wall that works" along the border with Mexico, tripling the number of border patrol agents, increasing aerial surveillance and increasing the amount of equipment and technology at the border.

The toughest part of his plan would reform the legal immigration system. Cruz said, for example, that his administration would call on Congress to pass legislation that would set up a points-based system to prioritize "those who aspire to achieve the American dream." Some of the criteria include certain language skills, civilian service or military skills, formal education and training and ties to the U.S.

Cruz also said he would freeze current legal immigration levels while unemployment remains high.

"Under no circumstances should legal immigration levels be adjusted upwards so long as work-force participation rates remain below historical averages," his plan says.

The Texas Republican said he would require all legal immigrants and their sponsors to demonstrate "compelling evidence that they have the education and professional tools to provide for themselves and their families." And he said his administration would evaluate foreign worker programs.

While he laid out a plan to make existing immigration laws stricter, he made no mention of what should happen to the 11 million people living in the U.S. illegally.

Cruz said he would end President Obama's "amnesty" program, though he didn't elaborate what he was referring to specifically. He said his administration would return illegal immigrants caught at the borders and ports and return them to their native country.

He said he would expand detention space in the U.S., deport illegal immigrants who have committed crimes and charge people who overstay their visas. Cruz said illegal immigrants would also be banned from receiving financial benefits from the government.

In addition, he said he would end birthright citizenship and prevent children whose parents entered the U.S. illegally from automatically earning U.S. citizenship.

Cruz said he would also suspend H-1B visas for 180 days while an audit evaluating abuse within the program is conducted. It allows U.S. employers to recruit and employ foreign workers.

The presidential contender's plan comes as he spars with Rubio over their immigration records and Donald Trump comes under fire for his immigration vision to deport the millions of people living in the U.S. illegally.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 11:51:08 pm »
   I was gonna go to my Local Brewery (4 blocks away) and have some brews, since the rain stopped, butt I realized I have good beer here and the cops are out (even if I walked it can be problematic) so I decided to stay in and see if I could aggravate a few Trumpers.

@corbe Does that beer taste OK coming out of a can?

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 11:56:14 pm »
    Absolutely NOT @EdJames I must have developed an allergy to beer in aluminum cans cause I always pour it into a frosted beer mug.  His Red Porch Ale is great too.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 12:13:22 am »
    Absolutely NOT @EdJames I must have developed an allergy to beer in aluminum cans cause I always pour it into a frosted beer mug.  His Red Porch Ale is great too.

All that I can recall is back sometime in the 1970s there was this big deal made about beer coming from a bottle tasting much better than beer coming in cans.  I can't recall if they were tin cans or aluminum cans at the time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 12:22:46 am »
So, if we stage a backlash here they'll quit releasing illegal aliens into Texas?

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 12:24:17 am »
   The only Beer I've ever enjoyed in a can (added an extra bite):

Can't have bottles on the River's here so I mix up a gallon of Bloody Mary's (if in the morning) or Salty dogs in one of these.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 12:34:17 am »
So, if we stage a backlash here they'll quit releasing illegal aliens into Texas?

Yes, you need a backlash.  Best to have Abbott get on TV and say that the state can't afford it....  will stress the resources: schools, police, hospitals, etc.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 12:35:19 am »
   The only Beer I've ever enjoyed in a can (added an extra bite):

Can't have bottles on the River's here so I mix up a gallon of Bloody Mary's (if in the morning) or Salty dogs in one of these.

Be careful with a gallon of that stuff, don't want to fall into the river and drown.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 12:43:06 am »
   I'm originally from Louisiana, so I'm impervious to drowning.*

* Unless my ol lady's involved

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 04:13:45 am »
At some point, I reckon local folks (at least in the red states) are going to rise up en masse and put a stop to this.

Send 'em to the sanctuary cities! Every last one of 'em !!

SO..RINO. Marco Rubio did not want them?  He is, gang of eight, FOR ILLEGALS..the POS RINO.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Published on May 18, 2019

The Border Patrol says San Diego has the capacity to handle three flights each week. Every flight will have 120-135 people, all are non-criminal families.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:16:06 am by LegalAmerican »