Author Topic: USGA investigates after golf scores 'erroneously' recorded for Trump  (Read 723 times)

Online corbe

USGA investigates after golf scores 'erroneously' recorded for Trump

By Rachel Frazin - 05/18/19 01:01 PM EDT

The U.S. Golf Association (USGA) says it is looking into unflattering golf scores that it said were "erroneously" recorded for President Trump this week.

Scores of 101, 100, 108 and 102 were posted Friday under the president's name on his USGA-run handicap system even though the president did not play golf that day, Golfweek reported.

USGA told The Hill on Saturday that someone "erroneously" posted scores on behalf of Trump.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/444397-false-golf-scores-recorded-for-trump-report
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

From "Muh Russia" to "Muh Golf"

Online corbe

Reminded me of someone else, Briefly.

Behind Kim Jong Il’s Famous Round of Golf

By Josh Sens

June 1, 2016

With the U.S. Open fast approaching at a famously penal course in the Pittsburgh area, I’d like to set the record straight on one of history’s most astounding rounds of golf, an achievement so outlandish it could pass as myth.

No, I’m not thinking what you think I’m thinking, which should come as a relief, since Johnny Miller’s closing 63 at Oakmont in 1973 has been picked over to death.

The round I have in mind took place in a setting far more punishing than any Open venue, and the 18-hole tally makes Miller’s sizzling score look like a number posted by a weekend chop. I’m referring to—what else?—the 38-under-par 34 reportedly fired by the late North Korean despot Kim Jong Il, a man known to his people as Dear Leader and to you and me as Dear Top-the-Leader Board. According to official North Korean state accounts, Kim’s round, the first he’d ever played, was highlighted by five aces.

<..snip..>

https://www.golf.com/golf-plus/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-golf
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

Golf??? GOLF!
Hmm...... so smacking a small sphere w/a piece
of iron now requires another major investigation.
Obviously time well spent.
Lord spare us!!!!!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Golf??? GOLF!
Hmm...... so smacking a small sphere w/a piece
of iron now requires another major investigation.
Obviously time well spent.
Lord spare us!!!!!
Well yeah, but at least this time the USGA is looking into who posted scores meant to embarrass Trump on a USGA run handicap board.............................now ya gotta admit that's a change