Author Topic: Behind the Movement to Kick Chicago Out of Illinois  (Read 413 times)

rangerrebew

Behind the Movement to Kick Chicago Out of Illinois
« on: May 18, 2019, 02:33:04 pm »
 Behind the Movement to Kick Chicago Out of Illinois
by Stateline | May 14, 2019 AT 8:24 AM

By Matt Vasilogambros

Activists in the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico have been pushing for statehood for decades. But they aren’t the only ones who aspire to create a 51st state.

Many rural, often conservative, residents of large Democratic-controlled states are tired of being overshadowed politically, culturally and economically by big cities.

Chicago Alderman Arrested for Potentially Filing a False Police Report Chicago's Lori Lightfoot Among a Wave of Lesbian Mayors The Inequality of Urban Investments America's Rural/Urban Divide: A Special Series

They’ve tried legislation, elections and even redistricting. The problems can’t be solved by traditional means, they say. So why not use a tool built into the U.S. Constitution: create a new state out of an existing state through approval of both the state legislature and Congress?

https://www.governing.com/topics/politics/sl-movement-to-divide-illinois-into-two-states.html

Offline dfwgator

Re: Behind the Movement to Kick Chicago Out of Illinois
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 02:37:18 pm »
Kick Chicago out of the US.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 07:22:22 pm »
Hey, trade Chicago for Toronto!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 07:27:15 pm »
The consensus I get from most of the downstaters I work with is that they'd be good with that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 12:53:59 am »
Maybe Indiana could jettison its very northwest corner, and give that to the new state of Chicagoland as well...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 03:50:31 am »
Maybe Indiana could jettison its very northwest corner, and give that to the new state of Chicagoland as well...

Sure.  Gary and Hammond are just as bad. An idea Indianapolis can get behind.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:33:27 am »
Sure.  Gary and Hammond are just as bad. An idea Indianapolis can get behind.

Hi again. I was a HOOSIER.  Lived in Gary for a while. All boarded up now, and NOT SAFE to even ride the streets!  I know about Hammond...Indianapolis....all ghettos.  Guess what the problem is?   

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2019, 04:45:27 am »
Hi again. I was a HOOSIER.  Lived in Gary for a while. All boarded up now, and NOT SAFE to even ride the streets!  I know about Hammond...Indianapolis....all ghettos.  Guess what the problem is?

I was a Michiganian...I know the scoop, been through both many a time.  Welcome Hoosier friend!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: