Author Topic: Report: President May Invoke Insurrection Act to Remove Illegal Aliens  (Read 462 times)

rangerrebew

Report: President May Invoke Insurrection Act to Remove Illegal Aliens

Published: 
Fri, May 17th 2019 @ 1:35 pm EDT

The Daily Caller spoke to multiple senior Administration officials who said President Trump is planning to use the Insurrection Act of 1807 to remove illegal aliens from the United States. The Act was last used by President George H.W. Bush to control the 1992 Los Angeles riots. President Dwight Eisenhower also used the Act in 1957 to desegregate schools in the south.

The series of statutes that make up the Insurrection Act date back to the nation’s founding. It says, “Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion.”

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/report-president-may-invoke-insurrection-act-remove-illegal-aliens

Offline jpsb

Great, whatever it takes, we want our country back.

Offline skeeter

Sounds like just the ticket. Now if they'd roll RBG's corpse out so we can get to replacing her with a reasonable jurist to protect Trump's action once its made.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
This one confuses me.  I saw this Daily Caller article a couple of days ago.  They are usually a pretty reliable site.  But, I have not seen the story covered anywhere else....  and if it was true, I would assume that the Dems would be exploding in anger over it....   

:shrug:

Online libertybele

This one confuses me.  I saw this Daily Caller article a couple of days ago.  They are usually a pretty reliable site.  But, I have not seen the story covered anywhere else....  and if it was true, I would assume that the Dems would be exploding in anger over it....   

:shrug:

No, haven't seen this story elsewhere either .... but perhaps truth be known, I think the DEMS realize we've got a crisis at the border.  When illegals start to get dumped in DEM cities and legal citizens become victims, I don't see the votes coming in for them in 2020.  Or perhaps just wishful thinking on my part?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bele wrote:
"When illegals start to get dumped in DEM cities and legal citizens become victims, I don't see the votes coming in for them in 2020.  Or perhaps just wishful thinking on my part?"

The latter.

The leftist inhabitants of the democrat-communist cities aren't likely to wise up and vote for anyone else. Perhaps if there was a societal breakdown of apocalyptic proportions they might start to reconsider. But nothing less will bring it about.

Having said that, I endorse this action by Mr. Trump. But the "Insurrection Act" dates back to 1807. How does this jive with Posse Comitatus? My guess is that P.C. would apply in times other than those of "unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States".

I hope he can pull this off and keep the Supreme Court behind him.