Author Topic: Fran Lebowitz: 'I regret that everyone misinterpreted' comment that Trump should be murdered by the  (Read 3054 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

I thought she died in a kiln explosion.

Had to be her aunt, Fawn Leibowitz. After all, Animal House took place in 1962.

:rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

Fran Lebowitz: 'I regret that everyone misinterpreted' comment that Trump should be murdered by the Saudis
by John Gage
 | May 18, 2019 12:21 AM

Fran Lebowitz, a liberal author and public speaker, said she regrets her Friday comment that Trump should be handed over to the Saudis to be murdered like journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

“Whenever I think about this, and what he really deserves, I think we should turn him over to the Saudis, his buddies, the same Saudis who got rid of that reporter. Maybe they could do the same for him,” Lebowitz said on HBO’s “Real Time With Bill Maher.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fran-lebowitz-i-regret-that-everyone-misinterpreted-comment-that-trump-should-be-murdered-by-the-saudis

From the article:

Lebowitz apologized later in the show after producers alerted Maher that the comments had caused "blowback" on Twitter.

"I didn't realize that I had said it. I had 12 cups of coffee. I regret saying it," Lebowitz said. "I did not mean that and I regret saying it. I regret that everyone misinterpreted it."

Ok Fran, help me out here...do you regret you said something really stupid while being overcaffeinated, or are you saying the audience couldn't think their way out of a paper bag, or both?

For the benefit of Maher attendees, exactly what was there to "misinterpret" about what you said? Seemed pretty clear to me that you want Trump murdered, but you backtracked after the producers of the show saw the immediate blowback from your vile and disgusting remarks.

Offline andy58-in-nh

You are correct.  She was a 20 year old sophomore at Emily Dickinson College, in nearby Wounded Deer, Massachusetts. A sociology major from Fort Wayne, Indiana, she was tragically killed in a kiln explosion, while firing a pot in the new kiln in Sylvia Plath Hall on campus.

Re "Sylvia Plath Hall" - LOL. That is just one of the hidden jokes in that wonderful film. If you don't get it, Google how the depressive poetess Ms. Plath met her demise.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:40:25 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline verga

Was there ever a time in recent memory when the assassination of a sitting President was so casually and frequently discussed?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a_President_(2006_film)?scrlybrkr=49eb78e4
Death of a President is a 2006 British docudrama political thriller film about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd and at the time, incumbent U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois. The film is presented as a future history docudrama and uses actors, archival video footage as well as computer-generated special effects to present the hypothetical aftermath the event had on civil liberties, racial profiling, journalistic sensationalism and foreign policy

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

I thought she died in a kiln explosion.
That was her much better looking sister Fawn.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Ok Fran, help me out here...do you regret you said something really stupid while being overcaffeinated, or are you saying the audience couldn't think their way out of a paper bag, or both?

For the benefit of Maher attendees, exactly what was there to "misinterpret" about what you said? Seemed pretty clear to me that you want Trump murdered, but you backtracked after the producers of the show saw the immediate blowback from your vile and disgusting remarks.

And of course, Maher and his crew let her completely off the hook for that ridiculous "misinterpret" comment in a way they'd never do for a conservative.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Was there ever a time in recent memory when the assassination of a sitting President was so casually and frequently discussed?

Yeah.  Bush 43.

(I haven't read the thread yet, that may have already been mentioned.  Apologies in advance.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Death of a President is a 2006 British docudrama political thriller film about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd and at the time, incumbent U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois. The film is presented as a future history docudrama and uses actors, archival video footage as well as computer-generated special effects to present the hypothetical aftermath the event had on civil liberties, racial profiling, journalistic sensationalism and foreign policy

@verga

Well,since it was a British film the US government can't do much about it.

Did it ever air in the US?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

Well,my memory sucks even more than usual due to chemo brain,but I SEEM to remember a couple of prominent public utterances similar to that being spewed when Boy Jorge was President,but I also SEEM to remember there were a few arrests and criminal charges filed in court over them.

Does anyone know if the goobermint has arrested or filed formal charges against any of those who have threatened Trump? If it has happened,I either don't remember it or just didn't see it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Right_in_Virginia

Well,my memory sucks even more than usual due to chemo brain,but I SEEM to remember a couple of prominent public utterances similar to that being spewed when Boy Jorge was President,but I also SEEM to remember there were a few arrests and criminal charges filed in court over them.

Does anyone know if the goobermint has arrested or filed formal charges against any of those who have threatened Trump? If it has happened,I either don't remember it or just didn't see it.

It's happened.  Never gets a lot of coverage, though.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Cyber Liberty

Ok,thanks. Do you think that is because they were feeble-minded unknowns?

Were any of them semi-prominent or prominent public people? Not important enough for you to look it up if you can't remember. Just something I am curious about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Ok,thanks. Do you think that is because they were feeble-minded unknowns?

Were any of them semi-prominent or prominent public people? Not important enough for you to look it up if you can't remember. Just something I am curious about.

Feeble-minded unknowns.  It's why I can't recall a specific example off the top of my head.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Feeble-minded unknowns.  It's why I can't recall a specific example off the top of my head.  :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

Nor is there any valid reason for you to be able to remember their names. "Low-hanging fruit only suitable for attracting attention so zealots can use it as a base to expand their agenda" is what it really is.

The US equivalent of Muslim suicide bombers. They just sacrifice their freedoms instead of their actual lives.

Offline verga

@verga

I think it might have been bootlegged on Youtube or similar service, but don't remember the particulars.

Offline thackney

@verga

Yes.

Opening Weekend USA: $281,778, 29 October 2006, Limited Release
Gross USA: $519,086

Death of a President (2006)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
She's a writer. She should be able to express herself clearly. In this case, I doubt anyone misunderstood her. She said she wants the president murdered. There is no other reasonable interpretation.

She explained herself very clearly. We all know there was no misinterpretation.

All she’s doing right now is trying to avoid the Secret Service knocking at her to to have a little chat.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

I know for a fact the Secret Service travelled to the Du Pont Circle offices of DU more than once because of threats made by members of David (Skinner) Allen’s little website against W.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know for a fact the Secret Service travelled to the Du Pont Circle offices of DU more than once because of threats made by members of David (Skinner) Allen’s little website against W.

Did Skinner ever Tombstone anybody over it?  I wonder....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She explained herself very clearly. We all know there was no misinterpretation.

All she’s doing right now is trying to avoid the Secret Service knocking at her to to have a little chat.

It should have already happened.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Did Skinner ever Tombstone anybody over it?  I wonder....

Not that I'm aware of.  IIRC the Secret Service guys came with a warrant to look at the servers to obtain the real names and addresses of the members who made the threats.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Not that I'm aware of.  IIRC the Secret Service guys came with a warrant to look at the servers to obtain the real names and addresses of the members who made the threats.

The SS probably just did a wholesale sweep of the databases and Skinner had no idea who they were fingering.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The SS probably just did a wholesale sweep of the databases and Skinner had no idea who they were fingering.

It turned the DUmmies into an even more paranoid group than they already were.  Around every corner was someone from the government monitoring their posts.  They even gave a name to the figment of their fevered imaginations...Agent Mike.  :silly:

Online mountaineer

This happened yesterday. Live and learn, Fran:
Prosecutor: Woman admits threatening to kill Trump
AP News

WHEELING, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia woman has acknowledged that she threatened to kill President Donald Trump.

A prosecutor said Monday that 25-year-old Taryn Corrinne Henthorn of Middlebourne pleaded guilty in federal court in Wheeling. Authorities say Henthorn made the threat on Facebook and elsewhere in January.

Henthorn faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine at sentencing.

No sentencing date was immediately set.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member