Author Topic: Brazil Subsidiary Hoovers Up $62 Million In Trump Trade War Aid Intended For Farmers  (Read 932 times)

Offline Applewood

Brazil Subsidiary Hoovers Up $62 Million In Trump Trade War Aid Intended For Farmers

A Brazilian U.S. subsidiary is being paid over $60 million in aid aimed at helping American farmers weather President Donald Trump’s trade war, according to media reports.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is paying $40.1 million to buy pork from JBS USA — a subsidiary of Brazil-based JBS SA — using American taxpayer bailout funds intended to help U.S. farmers. That’s in addition to previously awarded pork contracts for $22.3 million, The Greeley Tribune reported Thursday.
…

The Brazilian company has been involved in corruption scandals in its home country. The U.S. Justice Department has also launched an investigation into owner brothers Joesley and Wesley Batista, who have confessed to bribing top Brazilian officials, and served time in jail there.

Excerpt.  More at:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brazil-jbs-sa-susidiary62-million-us-subsidies_n_5cdf616ae4b09e057804115e

Offline Applewood

Ok, so this is HuffPo and a paper called the Greeley Tribune. which may not be necessarily reliable.  But I think it's something that should be investigated and if true, the flow of money should cease.  Otherwise, Trump is going to lose the farmer vote for sure.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Ok, so this is HuffPo and a paper called the Greeley Tribune. which may not be necessarily reliable.  But I think it's something that should be investigated and if true, the flow of money should cease.  Otherwise, Trump is going to lose the farmer vote for sure.

Why?   DoA is buying a bunch of American pork.  Farmers aren't likely to care who where the company they're selling to is headquartered. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.