Author Topic: Ex-Legionary, Fox News personality asks to leave the priesthood  (Read 417 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-Legionary, Fox News personality asks to leave the priesthood

Inés San Martín
    May 17, 2019
    ROME BUREAU CHIEF

Father Jonathan Morris, a former member of the Legion of Christ who was at one time among the most prominent Catholic priests in America as a contributor to Fox News, has asked to be dismissed from the clerical state, indicating he wants to be free to “marry and have a family” though saying it’s not about an “existing relationship.”

In a statement released Friday, Morris writes that the decision has filled him “with newfound joy,” though he says he knows some people won’t understand his decision to leave the priesthood.

more
https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2019/05/17/ex-legionary-fox-news-personality-asks-to-leave-the-priesthood/?fbclid=IwAR0JdBNdVQVrlt7rPuVobnNF-zZ3sWzn1sYQKvD4KH23jlYUBB8ox9Dj1KE
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Ex-Legionary, Fox News personality asks to leave the priesthood
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 06:37:20 pm »
Given that the church seems to be overrun with predator clergy and that it now has a liberal pope who seems willing to accept perversion. I don't blame Father for wanting to leave.  I do think that celibacy is too  much for most men and I can sympathize with Father. 

Father is a good looking guy.  I doubt he would have any problem finding a mate. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Ex-Legionary, Fox News personality asks to leave the priesthood
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 06:54:50 pm »
Orange County pastor charged with molesting 7 children

Posted 5:54 PM, May 13, 2019, by City News Service

disclaimer: I am not nor have ever been a Catholic. But the article indicates non-Catholics have problems with clergy, too

https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/05/13/orange-county-pastor-charged-with-molesting-7-children/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln