Author Topic: Trump Administration Asks Congress to Reimburse Taliban  (Read 1834 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump Administration Asks Congress to Reimburse Taliban
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2019, 11:43:07 pm »
per original post: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-administration-asks-congress-to-reimburse-taliban/ar-AABsXkH?ocid=spartandhp

Instead, the subcommittee approved a $690.2 billion defense spending bill for fiscal year 2020 that explicitly prohibits the government from reimbursing the Taliban for attending any meeting "that does not include the participation of members of the government of Afghanistan or that restricts the participation of women."

From the article, this was the sticking point a few months ago, that these negotiations happened "behind the back" of the ruling Afghan government.

The place has gotten only worse unfortunately.  Hopefully, it can be straightened out but it is about bringing the warring parties to the table. Some agreements had been reached in the past, if we'd withdraw, the Taliban would leave parts of the country alone but obviously, they can't be trusted.

Right now, an incident is being fired as to whether a friendly fire incident saw a USA airstrike kill 17 Afghan policemen.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/3010749/friendly-fire-us-air-strike-kills-17-policemen-afghanistan

Horrible, the cost of war.
Op-Ed: US Afghan bombing reportedly kills 17 Afghan police
By Ken Hanly   
After one report claims that US airstrikes in the Helmand Province hit the 601 highway battalion of the Afghan police killing 17 and wounding 11, the US is trying to blame the Afghan military for the incident.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Friendly fire strikes in Afghanistan

Friendly fire strikes have become more common especially when, as now, the US forces are relying heavily on air strikes rather than ground actions. The strikes have hit whatever looks to them as a group of combatants. Sometimes they do not ensure that they are not hitting combatants on the wrong side.

Afghan Defense Forces called in the strike

Officials say the air attack was called in by the Afghan Defense Forces who were engaged in fighting the Taliban somewhere in the area. The US claimed they had asked the Afghan Forces to make sure the area was clear of friendly forces but they failed to do so.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/world/op-ed-us-afghan-bombing-reportedly-kills-18-afghan-police/article/550084#ixzz5oK6hVgKe

Some battle, see, we  are giving air support primarily to spare our soldiers.

"Ruptly" per the video, I think is a Russian source just for the record.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 11:52:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2019, 01:10:08 am »
Afghanistan could be a real blood bath if we just suddenly left as well. Best to try to forge a peace if possible. We've been there for 17 years.

Some would be content with just yanking our troops out.

The talks and the role of the Afghan government has been a sensitive matter.

Yes, very sensitive.  So sensitive we didn't include the Afghan government.  Just went straight to the terrorist that want to gain control in the county.   I think we would be better off leaving than negotiating the same hell back for the Afghan people.

Reminds me of the UN and all their failed attempts to make peace with Omar Al Bashir.  Your talking about the Taliban.  The terrorist group that we saved the Afghanistan people from.  The ones that have schools to train boys up into terrorists.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 01:22:28 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2019, 01:34:05 am »
per original post: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-administration-asks-congress-to-reimburse-taliban/ar-AABsXkH?ocid=spartandhp

From the article, this was the sticking point a few months ago, that these negotiations happened "behind the back" of the ruling Afghan government.

The place has gotten only worse unfortunately.  Hopefully, it can be straightened out but it is about bringing the warring parties to the table. Some agreements had been reached in the past, if we'd withdraw, the Taliban would leave parts of the country alone but obviously, they can't be trusted.

Right now, an incident is being fired as to whether a friendly fire incident saw a USA airstrike kill 17 Afghan policemen.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/middle-east/article/3010749/friendly-fire-us-air-strike-kills-17-policemen-afghanistan

Horrible, the cost of war.
Some battle, see, we  are giving air support primarily to spare our soldiers.

"Ruptly" per the video, I think is a Russian source just for the record.

Yes, I read that.

More:

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2019/05/03/Afghan-leaders-call-for-a-cease-fire-but-Taliban-wants-US-troops-gone-first/4901556900623/

Taliban Target Aid Groups, in an Ominous Turn in Afghanistan

KABUL, Afghanistan — A Taliban attack on two aid organizations last week, the deadliest episode in a recent surge of violence against humanitarian workers in Afghanistan, is a signal to many that as peace talks falter, the insurgents are lashing out against so-called soft targets.

Wednesday’s attack killed three workers for CARE, the American aid group, and at least six others, most of them civilians. Aid workers said the true death toll was 13. In either case, it was the single biggest loss of life among the country’s 2,000 nongovernmental organizations in over a year.

The bombing, which struck CARE and Counterpart International offices, came as the sixth round of peace negotiations between the Taliban and Americans limped to an end in Qatar. The Afghan government was excluded from the talks, which ended after seven fitful days with a sense of fading optimism.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/world/asia/afghanistan-taliban-aid-workers.html

Looks like the Taliban is ready to be peaceful alright.
The Taliban vowed that the assault on the aid groups would not be their last.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:19:51 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2019, 04:26:25 am »
Trump disappoints on this!   9999hair out0000

I would say..HE president TRUMP..does NOT know about this, at all!  Why is his name invoked?  That some idiots ASK for money, does not mean they will get it.  THIS IS NOT how president does things.  NO MONEY FOR ANY HOSTAGES! NO MONEY FOR ANY NEGOTIATIONS.  WHY ARE YOU SO QUICK TO BELIEVE MEDIA...and go negative? 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2019, 04:52:16 am »

I would say..HE president TRUMP..does NOT know about this, at all!  Why is his name invoked?  That some idiots ASK for money, does not mean they will get it.  THIS IS NOT how president does things.  NO MONEY FOR ANY HOSTAGES! NO MONEY FOR ANY NEGOTIATIONS.  WHY ARE YOU SO QUICK TO BELIEVE MEDIA...and go negative?

He knows.  And people should be watching Mike Pompeo.  It just might be that there are deals going on relating to Iran.  Mike Pompeo makes unscheduled stop in Iraq.  Cancels meeting with Chancellor Merkel.  China and Russia pushing Taliban to accept peace deals with US.  It wouldn't be the first time that we thought we could make friends out of terrorists.

Offline dancer

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2019, 03:06:05 pm »
Why is it that the MSM doesn't report that taxpayers have been paying Terrorists for the past 20 years?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2019, 03:21:11 pm »
Why is it that the MSM doesn't report that taxpayers have been paying Terrorists for the past 20 years?

And some of us have never liked it.