Author Topic: Enemy To US: We’re Going To Phase 2. You Ready?  (Read 222 times)

rangerrebew

Enemy To US: We’re Going To Phase 2. You Ready?
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:44:52 am »
 Enemy To US: We’re Going To Phase 2. You Ready?

"No enemy says, 'I'm ready to go to Phase 2. You guys ready?'" Allvin said to laughter from the audience. "We have to be more nuanced. We need to be less mechanistic in our execution of these."
By Colin Clark on May 15, 2019 at 7:15 PM

AFA HQ: It’s an important debate but it’s one that rarely surfaces in public, how effective is the US military escalation ladder that goes from “peace” through five stages. I’d heard the J-5, head of strategy, policy and plans, Lt. Gen. David Allvin was skeptical of it after his job as head of strategy and policy for European Command.

So I asked him about it after his presentation to the Mitchell Institute today, asking if it was useful or should be scrapped. His answer was thoughtful and far too rational for a reporter looking for fireworks.

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/05/enemy-to-us-were-going-to-phase-2-you-ready/?utm_campaign=Breaking%20News&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=72739485&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_jSbmmRfroxryJtYXzUummQQ0j4Fml8mxZClsOWcSQTw2HJ42NAgkXWPc8tLkrYuAP1dcunZZdoLoH8luFhvaWXa4Wcg&_hsmi=72739485