Author Topic: A bill lifting a ban on brass knuckles and other self-defense items is headed to Gov. Abbott’s desk.  (Read 907 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Standard 5/16/2019

http://www.texasstandard.org/stories/news-roundup-bill-to-end-the-states-driver-responsibility-program-headed-to-the-governors-desk/

A bill lifting a state ban on brass knuckles, plastic kitty keychains and other self-defense items is headed to Gov. Abbott’s desk.

House Bill 446 passed the lower chamber last month.

Wednesday, state senators made quick work of passing the measure too.

State Rep. Joe Moody authored the bill. The El Paso Democrat told The Dallas Morning News this is a step toward getting rid of  “antiquated laws regarding weapons.”

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I wonder if ASP batons will become legal.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Texas Standard 5/16/2019

http://www.texasstandard.org/stories/news-roundup-bill-to-end-the-states-driver-responsibility-program-headed-to-the-governors-desk/

A bill lifting a state ban on brass knuckles, plastic kitty keychains and other self-defense items is headed to Gov. Abbott’s desk.

House Bill 446 passed the lower chamber last month.

Wednesday, state senators made quick work of passing the measure too.

State Rep. Joe Moody authored the bill. The El Paso Democrat told The Dallas Morning News this is a step toward getting rid of  “antiquated laws regarding weapons.”

What the hell is a plastic kitty keychain?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@The Ghost

Thanks,guess I am just out of touch.

Think I will stick with my bobbed hammer 3 inch 44 Special,or my combat commander in 45 ACP,though. Too old-fashioned to change.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

Thanks,guess I am just out of touch.

Think I will stick with my bobbed hammer 3 inch 44 Special,or my combat commander in 45 ACP,though. Too old-fashioned to change.

@sneakypete

Well those will certainly would do the job for you!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.