Poll

What do you most regret NOT having in your Home? (Updated)

A Quiet Person that Cooks and likes Sex (with me)
3 (27.3%)
An AR-15
1 (9.1%)
A nice nurse with boobs
4 (36.4%)
Air~Fryer
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: October 20, 2019, 09:25:46 pm

Author Topic: What do you most regret NOT having in your Home?  (Read 6610 times)

Online corbe

What do you most regret NOT having in your Home?
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:26:48 pm »
Here’s What People Most Regret NOT Having in Their Homes

Hannah Bruneman

1 day ago

One-third of 500 surveyed U.S. homeowners agreed on wanting one specific home feature. And it's no surprise that top enviable feature is a walk-in pantry. If you’re lucky enough to have one, imagine what you would do if it one day disappeared. Where would you put all those groceries you bought in bulk? Or those miscellaneous serving dishes you save for the in-laws? It’s easy to see why walk-in pantries are a hot commodity.

According to HomeAdvisor, the average cost of a walk-in closet is about $1,500. But if you need to do additional construction like knocking out walls or electrical work, you can expect to pay more. If a walk-in pantry isn’t in the budget this year, a kitchen utility cart or a large ladder shelf could amp up your kitchen storage without the cost.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/heres-what-people-most-regret-not-having-in-their-homes/ar-AABpkE8?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: What do you most regret NOT having in your Home?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 11:34:19 pm »
I want a basement for the occasional tornado.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:04:55 am »
Walk in tub so as not to stress over which way to stand in the shower.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 12:20:37 am »
A bidet.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:31:22 am »
The Castle has everything we want.   :shrug:

The house had a tankless water heater on the second floor, but the first thing I did to the place was ripping it out and putting in a real heater.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 12:44:55 am »
A matching pair of 30 year old Ann Margaret's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 12:53:06 am »
Larger kitchen, air conditioning, more closets

Thicker walls.

Air conditioning air conditioning air conditioning

A fireplace would be romantic

Get out of my apt and into a townhouse or condo.

An animal
A garage
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:54:28 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 01:08:35 am »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 01:10:17 am »
An Alice

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 01:14:12 am »

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

No question but they are nice,but they ain't Anne Margaret.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 11:37:20 am »
An Alice

How about a Rosie from “The Jetsons”
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 11:55:59 am »
A couple of pallet loads of $100 bills would go over pretty well...They'd look real nice in my office....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 02:28:29 pm »
A root cellar.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 02:36:54 pm »
A root cellar.

I always assumed you had one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 03:06:00 pm »
I always assumed you had one.

Nope - There's a root cellar that I can use in the basement of the Big House (my Father's house), but I live on a half acre a mile away. My cabin is 1120 ft2, which is more than enough for me, all on one floor...

But the water table here is high. The creek at full normal flood probably brings the water table to -4ft or so from foundation height.

I will have better measurement of that by next summer - I have a wood shed going up soon, and I am going to have a pipe in the ground there for measuring the water table... If the water table stays under 7-8 ft there I will put a root cellar in under that shed... But I am less than confident of that.

My last gasp at a root cellar will be under my shop when it goes up... There will be a shed roof on the left side (looking at it from front), under which my computer lab will reside alongside of the main shop (mechanical/automotive). If the water table there is better, I can put the root cellar underneath the computer lab... But that is less likely than under the woodshed, as the shop site is closer to the creek.

So very likely, I will have no place here for roots, which is a fairly big miscalculation.  :shrug:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 03:30:25 pm »
I want a basement for the occasional tornado.
@Sanguine
@roamer_1

That is what I checked but when I checked it, it wouldn't add it to the count.
I had a basement when I lived in a house in Missouri, and it was wonderful.

If an option was there for "toilet", I would have checked that due to my history.  You know i am older; born in east Texas, in a four room house with no potty - had outdoor toilet.  When I started to school, I would use the potty there if I could wait until I got to school. We finally got an indoor one when i was in high school.  I knew when I got out in the world, I was going to have an inside toilet.  So, I did from then on.  Guess what?  My present townhouse has THREE TOILETS!  Two upstairs and one downstairs.  From 0 to 3!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:31:11 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 03:33:57 pm »
@Sanguine
@roamer_1

That is what I checked but when I checked it, it wouldn't add it to the count.
I had a basement when I lived in a house in Missouri, and it was wonderful.

If an option was there for "toilet", I would have checked that due to my history.  You know i am older; born in east Texas, in a four room house with no potty - had outdoor toilet.  When I started to school, I would use the potty there if I could wait until I got to school. We finally got an indoor one when i was in high school.  I knew when I got out in the world, I was going to have an inside toilet.  So, I did from then on.  Guess what?  My present townhouse has THREE TOILETS!  Two upstairs and one downstairs.  From 0 to 3!

Life is good!  Your story reminds me of how much we have to be thankful for.

Offline Millee

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 03:53:19 pm »
A larger kitchen. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 04:11:22 pm »
Guess what?  My present townhouse has THREE TOILETS!  Two upstairs and one downstairs.  From 0 to 3!

@Victoria33

Hiya Vic!

And I am going the other way... went from two toilets to one after the divorce, and if I can get going on that twenty acre piece out in the sticks, I will have an outhouse and a composting toilet inside for when the weather is bad... The modern thunder-bucket.

The more unplugged I get (no pun intended) the happier I am.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 04:36:23 pm »
Nope - There's a root cellar that I can use in the basement of the Big House (my Father's house), but I live on a half acre a mile away. My cabin is 1120 ft2, which is more than enough for me, all on one floor...

But the water table here is high. The creek at full normal flood probably brings the water table to -4ft or so from foundation height.

I will have better measurement of that by next summer - I have a wood shed going up soon, and I am going to have a pipe in the ground there for measuring the water table... If the water table stays under 7-8 ft there I will put a root cellar in under that shed... But I am less than confident of that.

My last gasp at a root cellar will be under my shop when it goes up... There will be a shed roof on the left side (looking at it from front), under which my computer lab will reside alongside of the main shop (mechanical/automotive). If the water table there is better, I can put the root cellar underneath the computer lab... But that is less likely than under the woodshed, as the shop site is closer to the creek.

So very likely, I will have no place here for roots, which is a fairly big miscalculation.  :shrug:
You could build it above ground and berm it in, basically bury it. Not quite as good, but close.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:19 pm »
@Victoria33
Hiya Vic!  And I am going the other way... went from two toilets to one after the divorce, and if I can get going on that twenty acre piece out in the sticks, I will have an outhouse and a composting toilet inside for when the weather is bad... The modern thunder-bucket.  The more unplugged I get (no pun intended) the happier I am.
@roamer_1
And I thought we were getting married.  Consider the marriage off.  I will visit you, but I'm not living there.  22222frying pan

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 05:43:47 pm »
You could build it above ground and berm it in, basically bury it. Not quite as good, but close.

I have thought of that, but I would have to sacrifice the woodshed then, or raise it up too, which would make it uncomfortably high- That would actually be better for unloading from the truck (think loading dock), but might be a bother for getting the wood back out to a wheelbarrow.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 05:53:03 pm »
@roamer_1
And I thought we were getting married.  Consider the marriage off.  I will visit you, but I'm not living there.  22222frying pan

@Victoria33
HAHA!!! Believe it or not, it ain't all that bad. We have been using composting buckets for years at hunting camp. Use the bucket, throw in some sawdust, and it don't even stink. The only part that kinda sucks is dumping/cleaning the bucket(s) into the composting heap. If you do that as you go (say every week or so), it ain't so bad. If you leave off it till spring, and you've 30 buckets to clean... well then it's horror highway.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:42 pm »
We're going from two houses and 4 toilets to one house and 2 toilets.  We just signed Escrow to close the Chandler house sale a week from today.  I'm leaving it forever tomorrow, and Mrs. Liberty is finishing packing next week.  Furniture movers are scheduled to clear out the place on Tuesday and deliver to me on Wednesday.

:0012: :headbang: :cheerlead: :dancer:
I will NOT comply.