Author Topic: Trump rolls out 'pro-American' immigration plan  (Read 448 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump rolls out 'pro-American' immigration plan
« on: May 16, 2019, 07:01:43 pm »
Trump rolls out 'pro-American' immigration plan
By Jordan Fabian - 05/16/19 02:50 PM EDT

President Trump on Thursday rolled out his new immigration plan, pledging it would make the U.S. system the “the pride of our nation and the envy of the world.”

During a speech in the Rose Garden of the White House, Trump said his proposal would overhaul the legal immigration system to favor high-skilled workers over family reunification while pouring more money into border security and cracking down on “meritless” asylum claims.

“Our proposal is pro-American, pro-immigrant and pro-worker. It’s just common sense,” he said.

But Trump also acknowledged the plan faces an uphill battle on Capitol Hill, where Democrats and some Republicans have voiced skepticism about what they say is an incomplete proposal that does not address the fate of roughly 11 million people living unlawfully in the U.S.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/444092-trump-rolls-out-pro-american-immigration-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Trump rolls out 'pro-American' immigration plan
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 09:40:05 pm »
  ruh roh

Ann Coulter slams Trump's immigration plan

Rachel Frazin

1 hr ago

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter, who is known for her hardline immigration stances, slammed President Trump's new immigration proposal in a series of tweets on Thursday.

"NO WALL. KEEPS SAME MASSIVE LEVELS OF LEGAL IMMIGRATION. And this is the rube-bait campaign document, not even a serious bill," Coulter said of the plan in a tweet.

She reiterated the need for a wall at the southern border in several other tweets.

Trump, however, did speak about wall construction during his speech unveiling the plan and discussed the need to improve infrastructure at ports of entry along the U.S.-Mexico border.

"Importantly, we're already building the wall, and we should have close to 400 miles built by the end of next year and probably even more than that. It's going up very rapidly," the president said Thursday.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ann-coulter-slams-trumps-immigration-plan/ar-AABsEpX?ocid=ientp

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:12 pm »
"...that does not address the fate of roughly 11 million people living unlawfully in the U.S."

The Hill?
11 million?
Who are they tryin' to bamboozle?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:00 pm »
This will guarantee more influx of Asians here.

I like the policy of selecting the best to get here, as this will ensure our country attracts top talent rather than the low life.  No one should come in who does not improve our country.

If we could make it work.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 12:50:35 am »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

It's too early to know what is in this plan.  Lindsey Graham says it is not to be the law.  He says his immigration plan is.  I don't know what either one is.  However, the House Dems will kill either one.  The Dems are going to wait to do anything (except to maybe impeach Trump), until the election, hoping to keep the House and get back the White House and get control of the Senate.

Off Topic Because I Want To Say This Due To Reports That Came Out Today:

I expect Trump to start war with Iran through his uncontrolled mouth and wanting to be the winner of a war (the best known winner of war in all of history) and Bolton wanting to attack Iran sooner than later.  Republican Senators are not being told of this Iranian threat and they are demanding they must know now, even saying next week may too late.  Get that?  Next week may be too late.  Why did they say that?  That means war could start before next week?

If we go to war, @mystery-ak, please start a running thread, maybe call it "The Best War Ever".  I am making fun with that title, but this is serious and today Republican Senators talking about not knowing what is happening and they want that info. NOW, not next week.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 01:08:40 am »
   I agree with your first thought @Victoria33 Kushner's plan and or Lindsey's plan have no way of getting through Pelosi's House therefore this is just Red meat for his adulating Base. 
   As far as War with Iran I disagree, Trump's been a pacifist all his life, it's just more Red Meat.  It's amazing to me that his hard core followers haven't all died from Heart Disease brought on from high cholesterol. 

As a few here keep mentioning here his base is locked in when is he gonna try and expand that into the 10~15% necessary to win a National Election, again? 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 01:59:03 am »
@corbe

"As a few here keep mentioning here his base is locked in when is he gonna try and expand that into the 10~15% necessary to win a National Election, again?"
As Trump has attacked house and senate Republicans by name, I kept thinking why does he attack people he needs to back him in the next election?  No matter how influential and important a member of congress is, Trump lops off his/her head.  Trump does this to someone then expects the person to love him.  He has fired so many people just because he can.  Anyone around Trump is subject to destruction.  Truly, as he has done this over and over, I was thinking about his reelection.

My opinion, due to my involvement in elections and predicting outcomes of elections, is, part of his base will not vote for him again, farmers and others hurt by tariffs, are already leaving him (I listened to farmers a few days ago and no way will they vote for him again. Women are leaving him, too.  Hillary had more votes than he did - think about that and add to that number the ones bailing on Trump - the farmers in the states he won that normally voted Dem, made the difference so he won.  This far out, I'm not sure.  Depends on who he attacks that has standing so voters do not vote for him.  One never knows what a mentally challenged person will do and Trump is one of those with a severe personality disorder.  Since he has no moral compass, one cannot predict what he will do.  Once again, I do not hate the man, I see what his behavior tells me.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2019, 02:09:18 am »
   All I can say @Victoria33 is it's a good thing the dem party is imploding right now.  It's Trump's to lose, so I'm not as confident as I'd like to be.