Author Topic: Trump frustrated with advisers over Iran, wants to speak to leaders in Tehran: report  (Read 341 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump frustrated with advisers over Iran, wants to speak to leaders in Tehran: report
By Tal Axelrod - 05/16/19 07:55 AM EDT

President Trump is frustrated with some of his top advisers over the threat posed by Iran, saying hard-line aides could rush the U.S. into a military struggle with the Islamic republic and break his campaign pledge to avoid costly foreign wars, according to The Washington Post.

Several U.S. officials told the Post that Trump prefers a diplomatic off-ramp to deescalate tensions between Washington and Tehran, which have escalated amid what military and intelligence officials have deemed to be credible threats against U.S. interests in the Gulf region.

Trump is particularly frustrated with national security adviser John Bolton and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, according to the Post, both of whom have taken aggressive stances against Iran.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/443978-trump-frustrated-with-advisors-over-iran-wants-to-speak-to-iranian
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

I think President Trump believes in a "Carrot and Stick" approach,   and Bolton is the "Stick".

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Some Terrorists cannot be negotiated with.  He always does this.  He hires people and then he doesn't trust them.  I think its probably safe to say most people do not want another ME war.  But we cannot allow Iran to continue with their hate America campaign and their support of terror.  Those two grow a very real threat.  With their nuclear agenda also.  And of course their relationship with Putin.  Their power grab in the ME.  Iraq.

Trump says he decides.  With all the hoopla over NK and it looks like NK hasn't changed its tone at all.  Trump came into this presidency saying he respected dictators.  Maybe he does more than the people he appoints to advise on matters of National Security.  I think he would fire everyone and run the country himself if he could.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

Hey GOP, what to get your ass kicked in 2020? Just start another war in the middle east.