Author Topic: A B-52H Nicknamed "Wise Guy" Becomes The Second To Ever Come Back From The Bone Yard  (Read 377 times)

rangerrebew

A B-52H Nicknamed "Wise Guy" Becomes The Second To Ever Come Back From The Bone Yard

The Air Force needed a replacement for another one of the bombers that crashed in Guam nearly three years ago.
By Joseph TrevithickMay 14, 2019

For only the second time in U.S. Air Force history, the service has brought a B-52H Stratofortress bomber out of storage Boneyard at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona and delivered it to an operational unit. The aircraft, with the serial number 60-0034 and nicknamed Wise Guy, touched down at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana earlier today, where it will join the 307th Bomb Wing, the only bomb wing in the Air Force Reserve. Wise Guy's return comes almost three years to the day after another one of the bombers crashed and burned at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam and brings the size of the Air Force's operational B-52H fleet back to a total of 76 aircraft, the maximum allowable number under the terms of an arms control treaty with Russia.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28015/a-b-52h-nicknamed-wise-guy-becomes-the-second-to-ever-come-back-from-the-bone-yard

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Pretty cool!  Buff's are one heckofa aircraft.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

I've always been fascinated by the BUFF, served in the 96th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB 71-74 as a computer operator.  Even got to climb in one late one night on a WRM (War Ready Material) run, Thank you again TSGT Ellison.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   I've always been fascinated by the BUFF, served in the 96th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB 71-74 as a computer operator.  Even got to climb in one late one night on a WRM (War Ready Material) run, Thank you again TSGT Ellison.

Cool!.  The closest I've been to a B-52 is the one that is on display at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial park in Mobile.  The B-52 Bomber actually flew into Mobile in 1985, and was brought to the park by a barge from Brookley Field.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.