Author Topic: Federal judge orders FDA to start regulating e-cigarettes  (Read 703 times)

Online corbe

Federal judge orders FDA to start regulating e-cigarettes
« on: May 16, 2019, 01:14:09 am »
Federal judge orders FDA to start regulating e-cigarettes

By Nathaniel Weixel - 05/15/19 07:55 PM EDT

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to speed up its reviews of thousands of electronic cigarettes currently on the market, siding with public health groups that sued the agency.

The lawsuit was filed in federal court in Maryland last year by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and other public health groups. They argued that the FDA's delay in regulating e-cigarette products led a spike in underage vaping.

According to the judge, the FDA's decision to delay reviewing electronic cigarette products for several years amounted to a serious dereliction of duty.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/443960-federal-judge-orders-fda-to-start-regulating-e-cigarettes
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Federal judge orders FDA to start regulating e-cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:17:45 am »
   My Dr. railed against my vaping, I would kid him about being sponsored by RJR Tabaco, but I quit.
   Yes, I still smoke analogue cigarettes but have cut back due to recent health concerns.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:20:06 am »
Keep your grubby hands off of my Vaping!

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 01:33:25 am »
   I remember in my younger days I only had the 'after smoke, smoke'.
   I still don't advocate the first smoke be legalized or the second be criminalized, though.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 01:40:32 am »
   I remember in my younger days I only had the 'after smoke, smoke'.
   I still don't advocate the first smoke be legalized or the second be criminalized, though.

I remember the 'after smoke, smoke' from long ago, @corbe

It was divine, often reminded me of eating cake!