Author Topic: Howdy, y'all! Texas ranks number 1 for sexiest accent in U.S.  (Read 792 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ABC13 5/15/2019

Apparently, the rest of the country really loves to hear Texans talk or at least if you ask the people surveyed by Big Seven Travel.

The company's followers ranked accents from most to least attractive and the Texan accent came in at number one.

More: https://abc13.com/society/howdy-yall-texas-ranks-number-1-for-sexiest-accent-in-us/5301267/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Howdy, y'all! Texas ranks number 1 for sexiest accent in U.S.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 01:35:32 am »
We don't have an accent.  Y'all do.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 02:11:18 am »
We don't have an accent.  Y'all do.

Well I'll have to admit that I have an accent. One that no one ever identifies correctly. I grew up in Texas, south of Buffalo Bayou, but I spent my summers in Georgia. My Southern Drawl is deep and slow. Those NewYorkers always thought they could finish my sentences and would always screw up. Whenever I talk fast, Look Out! Cause I'm pissed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 02:25:19 am »
Well I'll have to admit that I have an accent. One that no one ever identifies correctly. I grew up in Texas, south of Buffalo Bayou, but I spent my summers in Georgia. My Southern Drawl is deep and slow. Those NewYorkers always thought they could finish my sentences and would always screw up. Whenever I talk fast, Look Out! Cause I'm pissed.

LOL!

At least neither one of us have a far west Texas accent.  I can hardly understand them. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 04:10:16 pm »
I had that same reaction when I worked in NY.

They considered slow talk to a slow mind.

I proved it was just the talk.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:51 pm »
Was this ever in Doubt?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 06:15:51 pm »
LOL!

At least neither one of us have a far west Texas accent.  I can hardly understand them.
HEYYYYY!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 06:36:11 pm »
Was this ever in Doubt?

Interesting point is that there is a huge differnece in accents between west and east Texas.  Those things can happen when you live 700 miles apart.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 06:43:16 pm »
Well, Baw-stin came in second. So, they-uh.

And yeah, ah'm gaw-nuh wawtch the haw-key game tuh-night and chee-uh faw the Bru-inz!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn