Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Alabama Governor Signs Near-Total Abortion Ban  (Read 2490 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Alabama Governor Signs Near-Total Abortion Ban
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »
Funny how he left out the part he started the side show.

I had merely pointed out the example of Heller for the proposition that if a right is protected under the Federal Constitution,  it can reasonably regulated by a state, but not denied.  Then you and others started the sideshow by chiming in with your usual demand of rights for you but not for others,  alleging some difference because the 2A is an "enumerated" right but the choice right was found by way of judicial interpretation.   

Except that the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms was found only by reason of judicial interpretation.  The only reason your individual right exists is Heller.    

Your gun right is just as vulnerable as your daughter's choice right to denial by the tyranny of some majority in a state legislature.   There is absolutely no difference. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 07:55:22 pm »
I had merely pointed out the example of Heller for the proposition that if a right is protected under the Federal Constitution,  it can reasonably regulated by a state, but not denied.

So far, so good.

Then you and others started the sideshow by chiming in with your usual demand of rights for you but not for others

Nope.  That didn't happen.  All on this side of the aisle have been consistently adamant that Amendment X reserves for the States any powers that are not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States.  Contrast that with your own assertion that women less than 24 weeks have some phantom Constitutional right to abortion that women over 24 weeks pregnant do not.

alleging some difference because the 2A is an "enumerated" right but the choice right was found by way of judicial interpretation.

Judicial interpretation of what, exactly?  Please show the specific portion of the Constitution that was being interpreted here.  Because you may be confusing the word "interpretation" with the word 'fiat'.

Except that the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms was found only by reason of judicial interpretation.

Uh, no.  It is a direct quote from the Constitution of the United States of America.  Verbatim.  (See:  Amendment II)

The only reason your individual right exists is Heller.

All of these cases predate Heller.  All acknowledge the right as an individual one.

Nunn v. State of Georgia, 1846
Aldridge v. Commonwealth of Virginia, 1824
State of Louisiana v. Chandler, 1850
Aymette v. State of Tennessee, 1840
United States v. Cruikshank, 1876
Presser v. Illinois, 1886
US v. Miller, 1939

And Heller itself references Amendment II.  But then you knew that already.

Your gun right is just as vulnerable as your daughter's choice right to denial by the tyranny of some majority in a state legislature.   There is absolutely no difference.

My gun right is just as vulnerable to some judge who chooses to ignore the Constitution while imposing his/her will on the people (See:  Doe v. Bolton, Roe v. Wade, Plessy v. Ferguson, et al).  The only protection I have as an individual is the Constitution itself and a government that is willing to abide by its limitations.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 09:51:35 pm »
I'm just gonna leave this right here...

Edward Lazarus — Former clerk to Harry Blackmun, who wrote Roe V. Wade:

“As a matter of constitutional interpretation and judicial method, Roe borders on the indefensible. I say this as someone utterly committed to the right to choose, as someone who believes such a right has grounding elsewhere in the Constitution instead of where Roe placed it, and as someone who loved Roe’s author like a grandfather….

“What, exactly, is the problem with Roe? The problem, I believe, is that it has little connection to the Constitutional right it purportedly interpreted. A constitutional right to privacy broad enough to include abortion has no meaningful foundation in constitutional text, history, or precedent ­- at least, it does not if those sources are fairly described and reasonably faithfully followed.”

https://clinicquotes.com/harry-blackmuns-former-clerk-speaks-roe-v-wade/

:whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2019, 05:21:14 pm »
Certainly glad your parents chose life.

My story, and I've posted it before (in short):  My grandson was born at est. 24 1/2 weeks; my daughter was told that his chances of survival was slim and was given meds to help accelerate the growth of the lungs and brain which would bring gestation to about appx. 25-251/2.  After a long labor he was born only weighing 1 lb. 11 oz. and 14 inches long!  He IS a miracle baby.  We watched his progression outside of the womb and he never regressed; definitely some scares along the way...

I will never, ever forget, my daughter calling me late at night, to tell me that he was strong enough for her to finally hold him for the very first time, and in the background in my den the song Hallelujah was playing.  I cried and cried happy tears as I am crying now.  It is something that as a mother and a grandmother you just never forget. BTW Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

All I can say is Hallelujah that prayers were answered and if anyone ever has any doubt whatsoever that the heartbeat bill is too stringent or that the AL bill goes too far, please sit down and talk to a grandparent or parent of a baby that survived against all odds.

We will soon be celebrating his 9th birthday and in a couple of months we will also celebrate his 9th homecoming birthday (yes we celebrate twice).  Thanks all for letting me tell my story again.

This will always be my absolute favorite song and my favorite rendition of that song ....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxqWkJIUnQ

Great news about you grandson!

My story, and yours, is not as unique as people think.
That is why those abortion on demand up to labor bills bother me so much.
I've had a great life, 3 kids and have a wonderful wife, a modest (but paid for) home in a good community, and a nice career for 37 years now.
How many won't get to experience this out of fear that their children may be less than perfect?
(Not sure what perfection is, anyway).

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:26:55 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2019, 05:28:59 pm »
I had merely pointed out the example of Heller for the proposition that if a right is protected under the Federal Constitution,  it can reasonably regulated by a state, but not denied.  Then you and others started the sideshow by chiming in with your usual demand of rights for you but not for others,  alleging some difference because the 2A is an "enumerated" right but the choice right was found by way of judicial interpretation.   

Except that the INDIVIDUAL right to keep and bear arms was found only by reason of judicial interpretation.  The only reason your individual right exists is Heller.    

Sure, the right of self-defense protection in your mind is no different than the right of some selfish individual to decide to kill an unborn child.

You still do not realize as yet how weak an argument you are making by comparing a sacrosanct human right with one that is dubious to the extreme.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2019, 05:36:58 pm »
Sure, the right of self-defense protection in your mind is no different than the right of some selfish individual to decide to kill an unborn child.

You still do not realize as yet how weak an argument you are making by comparing a sacrosanct human right with one that is dubious to the extreme.

Individual liberty is a sacrosanct human right.  Yes, even for women.   

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2019, 07:46:53 pm »

So my individual liberty to rob you, batter you, and even murder you is a sacrosanct human right?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2019, 08:03:46 pm »
Great news about you grandson!

My story, and yours, is not as unique as people think.
That is why those abortion on demand up to labor bills bother me so much.
I've had a great life, 3 kids and have a wonderful wife, a modest (but paid for) home in a good community, and a nice career for 37 years now.
How many won't get to experience this out of fear that there children may be less than perfect?
(Not sure what perfection is, anyway).

Very well stated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2019, 08:22:26 pm »
So my individual liberty to rob you, batter you, and even murder you is a sacrosanct human right?

Don't be silly.   

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2019, 08:27:59 pm »
@Jazzhead

Individual liberty is a sacrosanct human right.  Yes, even for babies
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2019, 08:37:15 pm »
I'm just gonna leave this right here...

https://clinicquotes.com/harry-blackmuns-former-clerk-speaks-roe-v-wade/

:whistle:

Geez.... we find ourselves in agreement once again!   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2019, 08:46:41 pm »
My unsolicited two cents:

This is 2019.  Not 1819 when the 'rhythm method' was the only practical conception-control.

That's right.  CONCEPTION control.   By naming it 'Birth' control, they already admit it's more than a 'tumor'.

I have an abortion story myself.   God gave us twins and he's getting married next week. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald