Author Topic: Democratic women don aprons and return to the kitchen to woo 2020 voters  (Read 1026 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democratic women don aprons and return to the kitchen to woo 2020 voters
by Naomi Lim
 | May 17, 2019 12:05 AM

Democratic women vying for the presidency may have their sights set on 2020 and beyond, but at times they present themselves to voters in a way that harks back to a bygone era.

Kamala Harris caught heat online this week for posing in her kitchen wearing a crisp white apron as she prepared her own Mother's Day feast for husband Doug Emhoff and her two adult stepchildren.

Social media pundits were quick to speculate how often the senator from California and former state attorney general, 54, who developed a reputation as a tough prosecutor, cooked and whether the picture, compared to a scene from 1950s sitcom "Leave It To Beaver," was staged. Some drew attention to her freshly-creased apron.

Harris, who last week penned a first-person piece for Elle magazine on how her stepchildren call her "Momala," was also featured in a March 2018 Vogue profile in which her sister and campaign adviser Maya Harris revealed she was a "mad crocheter.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/democratic-women-don-aprons-and-return-to-the-kitchen-to-woo-2020-voters
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wonder who cooks in the Buttgreg household?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I would love it if the DEM women would resort going back to the June Cleaver days.  It would be a welcome change to all their recent bat crap crazy ideas.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I wonder who cooks in the Buttgreg household?

Either would have to be better in the kitchen than Gary Bauer was.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Those aprons all have creases like they were just taken out of packages... :silly:

How man here wear aprons when cooking?....I have a few aprons but never think to put them on..lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

How man here wear aprons when cooking?....I have a few aprons but never think to put them on..lol

Only when I'm cooking bacon in the nude.

Offline edpc

Those aprons all have creases like they were just taken out of packages... :silly:

Jack Tripper wore one on Three’s Company. I’m guessing their’s would be similar.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 02:35:25 pm by edpc »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TYPO
How man here wear aprons when cooking?.

Should read

How many here wear aprons when cooking?.....
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

TYPO
Should read

How many here wear aprons when cooking?.....

I liked it better when we thought you meant men wearing aprons...barefoot

Offline libertybele

I have a couple of aprons; they aren't white for heaven's sake.  I do wear them twice a year; when I bake cookies, pies and breads at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It makes it easier not to have to change my clothes if I need to run to the store if I forgot to buy an ingredient or two, and it just makes it easier to wipe my hands on the apron that I'm wearing. happy77

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Does melting bullets count?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Awwwww.

Offline edpc

I would never vote for Harris under any circumstances, but since her parents are from India and Jamaica, she probably makes interesting foods.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I would never vote for Harris under any circumstances, but since her parents are from India and Jamaica, she probably makes interesting foods.

And, I wear aprons, particularly when I'm baking because I'm messy, and I have white aprons and they have fold marks on them because I fold them after they are washed and dried. 

That being said, Harris is not someone I could ever vote for, let babysit my children, walk my dogs, or cook for me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 03:44:23 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Applewood

Never used one.  But at home I usually wear the rattiest clothes in the closet.  If they get stained or soiled, who cares? 

Growing up -- there was a neighbor across the street -- she was always "dressed to the 9s" as my Mom would say., even at home doing housework.  Hair perfectly coifed, jewelry, a dress, just like June Cleaver.  Only difference is that she didn't wear heels.  Nice woman, don't get me wrong, but I once told my mother I didn't look that good to go to work.

Offline edpc

And, I wear aprons, particularly when I'm baking because I'm messy, and I have white aprons and they have fold marks on them because I fold them after they are washed and dried. 

That being said, Harris is not someone I could ever vote for, let babysit my children, walk my dogs, or cook for me.

Better her, than AOC. I never trust a skinny cook.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have seen teasers like this before
Unless you're Amish, do not send out headlines of women cooking in aprons.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

Republican woman in Apron
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Republican woman in Apron

What perfect crust on that pie?