Author Topic: Barr jokes with Pelosi: 'Did you bring your handcuffs?'  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Barr jokes with Pelosi: 'Did you bring your handcuffs?'
« on: May 15, 2019, 08:27:13 pm »

Attorney General William Barr joked with Speaker Nancy Pelosi about Democrats' calls for his arrest, asking the California Democrat whether she brought handcuffs to an event on the West Front of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday morning.

The exchange — which comes a week after the House Judiciary Committee voted to hold Barr in contempt over subpoenas related to the Mueller report — took place as they were waiting for President Trump, who was running roughly 45 minutes late, to arrive at the 38th Annual National Peace Officers' Memorial Service.

"As those seated on the platform waited for the president’s arrival in an adjacent tent, Attorney General Barr approached Speaker Pelosi, shook her hand and said loudly, 'Madam Speaker, did you bring your handcuffs?'" a bystander told The Hill.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/443881-barr-jokes-with-pelosi-did-you-bring-your-handcuffs
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: Barr jokes with Pelosi: 'Did you bring your handcuffs?'
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:35:00 pm »
:bigsilly:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:35:19 pm »
I love this guy!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 08:39:18 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 08:40:11 pm »
The one thing Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate in any way is mockery.
In their own minds they are Gods who are infallible.
To make fun of them is sacrilege. They really think this way.

While they mock and deride every Republican and Christian on Earth constantly in the form of what they call "a joke", if anyone ever turns their own mockery back on them, they lose their minds. They can't stand it.
Mockery makes them explode. That is their Kryptonite. That is where they are most vulnerable.

When you mock them, you make them human. But they don't think that way. They think they are real live Gods.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 08:53:08 pm »
If anyone took all the anti Republican "Jokes" on any network CNN, MSNBC, Comedy Central, SNL, any of them. Just replace the Republican they are mocking with any Democrat, I promise you they would freak out and call it, their term, "hate speech".

And as Liberals are famous for being the censors of all speech, they would immediately call for the in their words "jokes" to be banned and illegal. They can dish it out, bur they can never swallow even a drop of their own medicine.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Millee

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 09:00:26 pm »
The one thing Liberals absolutely cannot tolerate in any way is mockery.
In their own minds they are Gods who are infallible.
To make fun of them is sacrilege. They really think this way.

While they mock and deride every Republican and Christian on Earth constantly in the form of what they call "a joke", if anyone ever turns their own mockery back on them, they lose their minds. They can't stand it.
Mockery makes them explode. That is their Kryptonite. That is where they are most vulnerable.

When you mock them, you make them human. But they don't think that way. They think they are real live Gods.

"Above all else, the devil can not stand to be mocked." - C.S. Lewis

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 09:36:59 pm »
Most excellent, Mr. Barr.

I'd ask about Nancy's reaction, but what with the facelifts and botox, a change of expression wouldn't be discernable.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 10:17:31 pm »
I love this guy!

I'm becoming fond of the ole chap as well.  He has a kind of arrogance about him that he is deserving of because of his professionalism and knowledge, and at the same time, gets his point across without being too offensive with just the right touch of humor.  What's not to love??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 10:50:19 pm »
Anyone have Pelosi's mailing address?  With the right frame this could look great in her office.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 10:50:48 pm »
Barr epitomizes Trump's biggest weakness as President - his selection of people.

We lost two solid years with the wimp Sessions as AG.

If we had Barr at the beginning, this country would have been back where it should have been.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 11:09:59 pm »
Barr epitomizes Trump's biggest weakness as President - his selection of people.

If we had Barr at the beginning, this country would have been back where it should have been.

And if ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas!!

Stop with the history rewrites.  The President-elect acted out of loyalty ... to applause from many for the Sessions choice. Senate Republicans were the blue wall protecting Sessions from termination.   In fact many right here in Briefer City were furious with the President whenever he tried to force out Sessions. Poor widdle Jeffie was being humiliated...in public!   Oh, the fury!  9999hair out0000

Sessions lied during his interview for the job ... and we all paid the price for it because to fire Sessions would have led to near immediate obstruction charges---for the President.

So just stop with the rewrites.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 11:10:06 pm »
I love this guy!

I'm getting there.

Online libertybele

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 11:26:35 pm »

Sessions was indeed a big mistake, but Rosenstein was an even bigger mistake. I lay you odds that having the Kushners hanging around the White House will prove to be his largest.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 11:52:57 pm »
I'm getting there.

Giddy up Girl!.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 11:56:06 pm »
He is right.
Sessions is a bought and paid for Democrat mole.
He spent two years playing Tetris or whatever, locking his office and pretending he does not exist.
He didn't work for the Democrats. Hell, He didn't work for anybody.
He was a ghost employee. Nobody even knows if he ever showed up for work?
He locked his office, recused himself from his entire job, and hid in a closet somewhere.
For whatever reason Trump picked that worthless stupid loser, it was a disastrous decision.

Sessions did set America back two years, by ducking and hiding under his desk the whole time he was in office.

Sessions had a note on his door. It said,
"Send my paycheck to Aruba please.
By the way, I recuse myself from writing this note."
It wasn't me! I know nothing! I didn't do nothing! run away! run away!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:03:28 am by 240B »

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 11:56:48 pm »
   I'll reserve judgment until I see some dems in handcuffs otherwise I compliment him on his snark ability but Trump already had that covered in spades with his twitter crap, so color me unimpressed, so far. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 12:01:30 am »
And if ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas!!

Stop with the history rewrites.  The President-elect acted out of loyalty ... to applause from many for the Sessions choice. Senate Republicans were the blue wall protecting Sessions from termination.   In fact many right here in Briefer City were furious with the President whenever he tried to force out Sessions. Poor widdle Jeffie was being humiliated...in public!   Oh, the fury!  9999hair out0000

Sessions lied during his interview for the job ... and we all paid the price for it because to fire Sessions would have led to near immediate obstruction charges---for the President.

So just stop with the rewrites.

@Right_in_Virginia some of us here boldly predicted what a puss he (Sessions) was when he left the Cruz campaign EARLY for the Trump Train. 
   Your revisionist history is orange hued and worthy of nothing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 12:02:08 am »
   I'll reserve judgment until I see some dems in handcuffs otherwise I compliment him on his snark ability but Trump already had that covered in spades with his twitter crap, so color me unimpressed, so far.

So Far?  What would it take @corbe.  Give us a hint.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 12:18:32 am »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 12:26:50 am »
Tuesday after a football weekend, one sees with great clarity.  Sessions appeared as an early supporter of Trump, and Trump embraced him.

In reality, I think Sessions was the inside man to sink Trump, to undermine his every step once becoming president.

Trump was patient, but did finally get rid of him.  Unfortunately, Barr and Durham have very little time to affect those involved with the coup.  It must happen this year, and I am not sure it will. 

When I see Democommies get indicted for sedition and treason, then I will be a believer.  And if any of the perps should get the Rosenberg treatment, I will believe we have a smidgeon of justice in this country.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 01:22:02 am »
I can't help but admire Mr. Barr, but...
... he flubbed this one.

He should have had a pair of handcuffs in his pocket, and when greeting Mrs. Pelosi, pulled them out and said, "been holdin' these for you..."

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 12:15:32 pm »
   @Right_in_Virginia some of us here boldly predicted what a puss he (Sessions) was when he left the Cruz campaign EARLY for the Trump Train.   

88devil

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 04:52:46 pm »
That was pretty funny. 888high58888