Author Topic: Televangelist Pat Robertson: Alabama abortion law too extreme  (Read 817 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Televangelist Pat Robertson: Alabama abortion law too extreme
by Caitlin Yilek
 | May 15, 2019 04:38 PM

Televangelist and Christian Broadcasting Network host Pat Robertson called Alabama’s newly passed abortion law too extreme.

“I think Alabama has gone too far,” he said.

The Alabama Senate passed the legislation late Tuesday, sending the bill to Gov. Kay Ivey’s desk. The law is the strictest abortion ban in the nation, carrying a prison sentence of 10 to 99 years if doctors perform abortions. It also prohibits abortion in the instance of rape or incest.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/televangelist-pat-robertson-alabama-abortion-law-too-extreme
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Televangelist Pat Robertson: Alabama abortion law too extreme
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 11:02:55 pm »
Pat is in a serious decline lately.  89 is getting up there.

No wonder why Disney tolerates him.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 11:14:20 pm »
Here's why ...

FTA

The Alabama Senate passed the legislation late Tuesday, sending the bill to Gov. Kay Ivey’s desk. The law is the strictest abortion ban in the nation, carrying a prison sentence of 10 to 99 years if doctors perform abortions. It also prohibits abortion in the instance of rape or incest.

“It’s an extreme law. They want to challenge Roe v. Wade, but my humble view is that this is not the case we want to bring to the Supreme Court because I think this one will lose,” Robertson said.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:59:32 am »
So which case should be brought before SCOTUS, Pat?

The way SCOTUS is now -- with 2 phony conservatives and still some liberals on the bench -- I don't see Roe v. Wade being completely overturned anytime soon, if ever.  Worst case scenario for the pro-murder crowd would be if SCOTUS left abortion up to the states.  And I think most states would probably keep it legal -- just to keep the screaming "choice" ninnies happy.  Politicians these days cater to certain groups and decent people appalled by abortion aren't among them.   

Offline kidd

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 02:58:41 pm »
Georgia has decided that a human obtains the right to live when the heartbeat starts. There are complications about which technique should be used, as the more invasive techniques detect the heartbeat much earlier than an ultrasound exam.

New York has decided that a human obtains the right to live when the baby leaves the hospital. But New York abortions no longer have to be performed in a licensed facility, so this is (dangerously) undefined as well.

Alabama has decided that human decisions are fallible. And we are talking about a human life. Alabama has wisely chosen to take the arbitrary (and error-prone) definition of when life begins away from this important life and death decision.

Pat Robertson is dead wrong on this. The Alabama law is the only one that makes any sense.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 03:06:07 pm »
So which case should be brought before SCOTUS, Pat?

The real decision we should all be awaiting is whether a state's ban on abortion after approximately 20 - 25 weeks is Constitutional.   I think it is - because such a ban accommodates both the choice right and the state's right to protect a fetus with a choate potential for survival outside the womb.   

Unfortunately,  I think the SCOTUS will punt on such laws,  and instead decide the easy one -  holding that the Alabama law is blatantly unconstitutional.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 03:09:17 pm »
Pat's gone around the bend a bit.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:30 pm »
Pat's gone around the bend a bit.

Yup.  He's come all the way around back to common sense.   

If the rest of the pro-life movement wants to martyr itself, then so be it.   Unfortunately,  it will take down the GOP with it.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 05:08:58 pm »
Yup.  He's come all the way around back to common sense.   

If the rest of the pro-life movement wants to martyr itself, then so be it.   Unfortunately,  it will take down the GOP with it.
Hear how ironic you sound?

Being 'pro-life' and 'martyr' in the same sentence.

BTW, everyone is 'pro' or for life, aren't they?  What does that make you if you are not?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 05:15:35 pm »
Hear how ironic you sound?

Being 'pro-life' and 'martyr' in the same sentence.

BTW, everyone is 'pro' or for life, aren't they?  What does that make you if you are not?

The popularized terms - pro-life and pro-choice - are deliberately emotional and misleading.   I sound ironic you say?    I'm sure if an Alabama girl ends up bleeding to death from a back alley abortion,  it will indeed be ironic to say that her death was the result of "pro-life" policies.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:16:30 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline kidd

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 05:29:16 pm »
The popularized terms - pro-life and pro-choice - are deliberately emotional and misleading.   I sound ironic you say?    I'm sure if an Alabama girl ends up bleeding to death from a back alley abortion,  it will indeed be ironic to say that her death was the result of "pro-life" policies.
Chances of a girl bleeding to death from a back alley abortion are more likely in New York, since unlicensed facilities can now perform abortions legally in New York.
Or any number of other states that don't require abortion doctors to have hospital admitting privileges, or clinics that are not required to have hallways wide enough to allow for gurney access. They claim they cannot do these things because they can't afford it (i.e. it cuts into the profit margin).

Some "choice," huh?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 05:34:24 pm »
Chances of a girl bleeding to death from a back alley abortion are more likely in New York, since unlicensed facilities can now perform abortions legally in New York.
Or any number of other states that don't require abortion doctors to have hospital admitting privileges, or clinics that are not required to have hallways wide enough to allow for gurney access. They claim they cannot do these things because they can't afford it (i.e. it cuts into the profit margin).

Some "choice," huh?

@kidd

Former patients of Kermit Gosnell were unavailable for comment...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:33 pm »
@kidd

Former patients of Kermit Gosnell were unavailable for comment...
Just think how thrilled some people will be when science can identify all genetic defectives(and guess who will get to decide what is a defect) in the womb so that they can have the....right? to murder even more babies!