Author Topic: Lindsey Graham Just Introduced New Legislation to Fix the Border Crisis, Here's What it Does  (Read 565 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lindsey Graham Just Introduced New Legislation to Fix the Border Crisis, Here's What it Does
Katie Pavlich

|
 @KatiePavlich
|
Posted: May 15, 2019 11:20 AM

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham held a press conference Wednesday morning to announce new legislation, the Secure and Protect Act of 2019, aimed at fixing the current border crisis and strengthening security.

"Today I'm going to introduce legislation designed to deal with the crisis at our border," Graham said. “We have a perfect storm brewing at the border because of a series of broken and outdated laws related to asylum and children.”

"What I'm trying to do is stop the flow coming from Central America to regain control of our border and stop a humanitarian crisis that I think is just going to get worse over time. One of the most important things I can stress to you is that people are trying to get caught. They're not avoiding getting caught," Graham continued. "So when we talk about building a wall as Republicans, that makes sense to stop illegal entry into the country, try to direct people into areas where we have a better chance of apprehending them. That doesn't work when the goal of the person is to find a Border Patrol agent and turn yourself in."

Graham addressed calls from lawmakers to give additional funding to Central American countries, arguing it won't stop the problem. The real problem with the current crisis are the loopholes in U.S. immigration law.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/05/15/lindsey-graham-just-announced-legislation-to-fix-the-border-crisis-hes-what-he-said-n2546362
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

We just need 'enforcement' of existing laws not wasting time on talk about new legislation.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We just need 'enforcement' of existing laws not wasting time on talk about new legislation.

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Absolutely.  In addition, declare a moratorium on ALL immigration and HALT ALL asylum into this country for a minimum of 5 years and build the dang wall that was promised!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
We badly need a reform of immigration laws.  The idea that we should just enforce the existing laws ignores that the existing laws contain significant loopholes, especially in the area of asylum.  And we also badly need more immigration judges because without them, we can't even get them into court to enforce the laws that already exist.

Graham's solution isn't a complete solution, but it is an essential component of what a complete solution would look like.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
We badly need a reform of immigration laws.  The idea that we should just enforce the existing laws ignores that the existing laws contain significant loopholes, especially in the area of asylum.  And we also badly need more immigration judges because without them, we can't even get them into court to enforce the laws that already exist.

Graham's solution isn't a complete solution, but it is an essential component of what a complete solution would look like.

Yes, and Donald Trump just signed a bill that does the absolute opposite of what Lindsey Graham said he is advocating in that bill.  It was to send all unaccompanied minor children home to their families.  Trump signed into law that illegal immigrants can sponsor these children.  Which is by the way amnesty.  Of course I could agree that all asylum applications should be done in their own countries.  No more coming across the border and saying I fear for my life.  And if its gangs guess what?  We have gangs too.  Deal with it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:34:29 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Yes, and Donald Trump just signed a bill that does the absolute opposite of what Lindsey Graham said he is advocating in that bill.  It was to send all unaccompanied minor children home to their families.  Trump signed into law that illegal immigrants can sponsor these children.  Which is by the way amnesty.  Of course I could agree that all asylum applications should be done in their own countries.  No more coming across the border and saying I fear for my life.  And if its gangs guess what?  We have gangs too.  Deal with it.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We do not need reform.  That will just be an excuse to further weaken our sovereignty.  As many have already noted: we need enforcement and policy corrections.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
888high58888

Its crazy.  Like a circus.  They are big fools.  Lindsey correcting what Trump did and doesn't even know it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So you must believe President Trump lacks the courage or conviction to enforce the law.