Author Topic: Philly to Set Massive Precedent and Stop Arresting People for Drug Possession—of ALL DRUGS  (Read 1701 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This message is brought to you by the Greater Philadelphia Downtown Merchants Association:
For a fabulous family-fun vacation visit historic Philly—Just watch where you step.           
                                                                                                                 :drunk:

Best reality post @aligncare   They just killed tourism. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Best reality post @aligncare   They just killed tourism.

@The Ghost

Not to mention any hope of a balanced budget or tax reduction for homeowners. Property insurance rates are going to explode too,as are the parts of the city budgets dedicated to the PD,the Fire Dept,trash pickup,welfare expenses,and health care.

Even worse,property tax rates are going to explode as the city tries to figure out where they are going to get all that money from.

Can you say "Detroit,Part 2"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

@goatprarie

Who is your authority,Jerry Falwell?

Professor Jennings

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"I won't go schizo, will I?"
"It's a distinct possibility."

Offline goatprairie

@goatprarie

Who is your authority,Jerry Falwell?
Read the book.

Offline verga

I'd be willing to bet that inside of 10 years every deep blue city from coast to coast will mirror San Francisco.
As long as they are too stoned to make it tot he polling places on election day I am fine with that.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline kidd

There is a difference between legalizing and decriminalizing. After reading about Portugal's radical (?) drug policy that is working, I have a somewhat different perspective.  I agree that drugs should be decriminalized; not necessarily legalized.  In other words, if you are caught with marijuana, an opioid, or other illegal substance, you wouldn't necessarily be prosecuted but rather be mandated to go into a rehabilitation center where you would have doctors and social workers who would help you get off the drug(s) and get back into society where you would become a productive citizen.  If the offender didn't want to comply, then they could always opt for a jail sentence.  Most I feel would choose the rehabilitation program offered. This is being done in Portugal and it is working!

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/dec/05/portugals-radical-drugs-policy-is-working-why-hasnt-the-world-copied-it

Interesting.

Except Philly simply intends to do nothing. Look the other way.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Interesting.

Except Philly simply intends to do nothing. Look the other way.

And THAT is how 'it' starts...pretty soon, you can't leave the house without protective footwear.

Actually, I think this is wonderful.  They are giving us 'ammunition' for campaign spots for 2020.

Trump vs. Hillary

The Rematch!!    wink777
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald