Author Topic: Romney votes against Trump pick over comments attacking Obama  (Read 2972 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Romney votes against Trump pick over comments attacking Obama
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 10:40:49 pm »
Exactly right.  And any Republican who went at Trump sufficiently hard to justify abandoning the incumbent would inevitably end up arguing that Trump was too mean to Democrats,

On what desert island with no hope of rescue would this be?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 12:21:32 am »
On what desert island with no hope of rescue would this be?

I have no idea what you're asking.

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 12:28:29 am »
   Plug these in @Maj. Bill Martin

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 12:51:37 pm »
   Plug these in @Maj. Bill Martin

Nice.

Still have no idea what the point was.

Any Republican who goes after Trump is necessarily going to be criticizing his "rudeness" to Democrats and the media.  That will tick off the very large number of Republicans who are happy that someone is finally fighting back.  And that's part of the larger issue -- any Republican who challenges Trump in the primary is going to be resented by Trump supporters, and will be accused of doing the Democrats' dirty work.  So even if by some miracle such a challenge succeeded in the primary - which I don't believe is possible given that some state GOP's aren't even going to have a Presidential primary or caucus at all - Trump voters would abandon that challenger in the general election, and he/she would be crushed.

A primary challenge to Trump is overwhelmingly likely to be ineffectual, which is why I'd like to see Mitt try it and get crushed. 

In the unlikely event it will have any effect on Trump at all, it will be to weaken him in the general election, and increase the odds of a Democrat winning the election.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2019, 03:33:36 am »
Nice.

Still have no idea what the point was.

Any Republican who goes after Trump is necessarily going to be criticizing his "rudeness" to Democrats and the media.  That will tick off the very large number of Republicans who are happy that someone is finally fighting back.  And that's part of the larger issue -- any Republican who challenges Trump in the primary is going to be resented by Trump supporters, and will be accused of doing the Democrats' dirty work.  So even if by some miracle such a challenge succeeded in the primary - which I don't believe is possible given that some state GOP's aren't even going to have a Presidential primary or caucus at all - Trump voters would abandon that challenger in the general election, and he/she would be crushed.

A primary challenge to Trump is overwhelmingly likely to be ineffectual, which is why I'd like to see Mitt try it and get crushed. 

In the unlikely event it will have any effect on Trump at all, it will be to weaken him in the general election, and increase the odds of a Democrat winning the election.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2019, 10:37:22 pm »
For crap sake no judge is a potted plant.  Democrats expect their judicial nominees to be bat shit anti-American, anti-Constitution and Republicans expect pro-American, constitutionalist judges. 

Mitt's just playing for the wrong team.

I am beginning to LOATHE Mitt more than obama.  He virtue signals and thinks my president is not wholesome enough, while defending a true comment made about obama. Obama is anti-America & fraud. Proven. Obama who was gay, male whore for rich white men to get his cocaine. Obama who uses cocaine, pot, illegal drugs, smokes and loves his beer so much, he had a brewery in the White House. Then his wife is trannie, their kids, bio parents are Dr. Anita Blanchard & Martin Nesbitt..but MITT thinks my NONE ALCOHOL DRINKER, none smoker, none illegal drug user is too 'Unwholesome" and defends Obama.  FRUIT CAKE.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2019, 10:43:39 pm »
President is too mean to democrats?   DEAR LORD...all the lies, slander and smears by demon-rats.  There is a series on this.  If people took the time to listen..some of you might have a better understanding.  I CAN...HOPE!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1