Author Topic: Senators: Trump to roll out immigration plan in speech 'as early as this week'  (Read 231 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Senators: Trump to roll out immigration plan in speech 'as early as this week'
by Susan Ferrechio
 | May 14, 2019 03:13 PM

President Trump will deliver a speech as early as this week outlining an immigration reform plan that would bolster border security and create a more merit-based system, according to GOP senators who attended a meeting with Vice President Mike Pence Tuesday.

“The president is going to be giving a speech on it maybe as early as later this week,” Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told the Washington Examiner as he left a closed-door meeting with fellow Republican senators and Pence. “So I’ll be interested to see how he rolls this out.”

Pence, along with Trump senior adviser Jared Kushner, and senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, briefed GOP senators on the plan, which would include both border security elements and the changes to bolster merit-based immigration.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/senators-trump-to-roll-out-immigration-plan-in-speech-as-early-as-this-week
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

Offline bilo

It's a shame it's not going anywhere.

Keep building the wall!

Keep changing regulations!

It's all you can do.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

Kushner was supposed to come up with an immigration 'plan', so, unfortunately, this is probably much of his doing.  I'll be listening for these words; amnesty, compromise, and asylum.  I'm hoping to hear the words, "no and hell no" to all of them!
"I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey it laws; to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies." -William Page

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Another speech and another promise?
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....
4:34 AM · Aug 21, 2019

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf