Author Topic: Senators: Trump to roll out immigration plan in speech 'as early as this week'  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senators: Trump to roll out immigration plan in speech 'as early as this week'
by Susan Ferrechio
 | May 14, 2019 03:13 PM

President Trump will deliver a speech as early as this week outlining an immigration reform plan that would bolster border security and create a more merit-based system, according to GOP senators who attended a meeting with Vice President Mike Pence Tuesday.

“The president is going to be giving a speech on it maybe as early as later this week,” Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, told the Washington Examiner as he left a closed-door meeting with fellow Republican senators and Pence. “So I’ll be interested to see how he rolls this out.”

Pence, along with Trump senior adviser Jared Kushner, and senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, briefed GOP senators on the plan, which would include both border security elements and the changes to bolster merit-based immigration.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/senators-trump-to-roll-out-immigration-plan-in-speech-as-early-as-this-week
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

It's a shame it's not going anywhere.

Keep building the wall!

Keep changing regulations!

It's all you can do.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

Kushner was supposed to come up with an immigration 'plan', so, unfortunately, this is probably much of his doing.  I'll be listening for these words; amnesty, compromise, and asylum.  I'm hoping to hear the words, "no and hell no" to all of them!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Another speech and another promise?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.