Author Topic: Fire at Connecticut mosque intentionally set, fire chief say  (Read 392 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fire at Connecticut mosque intentionally set, fire chief says
Phil Helsel is a reporter for NBC News.
May 14, 2019, 1:20 AM CDT

A weekend fire at a New Haven, Connecticut, mosque that caused significant damage was intentionally set, the city’s fire chief said Monday.

"We've detected that there is intent in this fire," New Haven Fire Chief John Alston said. “This was intentionally set."

The fire at the Diyanet Mosque was reported around 4 p.m. Sunday, according to NBC Connecticut, and caused considerable damage to the first and second floors. There were no injuries, but one man was in the mosque at the time of the fire.

The fire broke out on the first day of Ramadan.

More at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fire-connecticut-mosque-intentionally-set-fire-chief-says-n1005281

One source is saying this is a "Turkish Mosque", Diyanet sounds a bit Turkish.  Besides, the usual suspects (say Islamaphobes), the Kurds are their rival over in that part of the world. Maybe it is not the usual suspects.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Fire at Connecticut mosque intentionally set, fire chief say
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:34:00 pm »
One source is saying this is a "Turkish Mosque", Diyanet sounds a bit Turkish.  Besides, the usual suspects (say Islamaphobes), the Kurds are their rival over in that part of the world. Maybe it is not the usual suspects.
No doubt that the fire was intentionally set, but I will put my money it being an inside job............for all the obvious reasons.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Fire at Connecticut mosque intentionally set, fire chief say
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 08:35:32 pm »
Who is the Muslim that set it?