Author Topic: Trump Denies U.S. Preparing Plans To Send 120,000 Troops To Counter Iran Threat  (Read 492 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump Denies U.S. Preparing Plans To Send 120,000 Troops To Counter Iran Threat

WASHINGTON -- U.S. President Donald Trump dismissed as “fake news” a report in The New York Times that said the White House is reviewing plans to possibly deploy up to 120,000 troops to the Middle East should Iran attack U.S. forces or accelerate work on nuclear weapons.

“I think it's fake news, OK? Now, would I do that? Absolutely. But we have not planned for that,” Trump told reporters on May 14 on the White House lawn.

“Hopefully, we're not going to have to plan for that. And if we did that, we'd send a hell of a lot more troops than that," he added.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/report-white-house-reviewing-military-plans-against-iran/29939090.html

Offline libertybele

I really wish he knew when to keep his mouth shut on some things. To me he sounds like a bully in a school yard.

Out of curiosity, perhaps someone might be able to answer my question ... considering that we have over 165,000 (according to Wikipedia)  deployed in other countries, how quickly could we get another 150,000+ troops deployed to Iran?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
He's denying the New York Times report, he's not being a bully.  He was asked about, "fake news", that's hardly being a bully.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“I think it's fake news, OK? Now, would I do that? Absolutely. But we have not planned for that,” Trump told reporters on May 14 on the White House lawn.

“Hopefully, we're not going to have to plan for that. And if we did that, we'd send a hell of a lot more troops than that," he added.

Anybody want to take a stab at the Trump word of the day?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:39:38 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Anybody want to take a stab at the Trump word of the day?

Not a word, but I'll Play  Eric...

I'll take "I have a Trump Hate Boner for 2 thousand Alex"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump ought to take those 120,000 troops... and send them to the southern border.

...Someplace where they are desperately needed !

Offline corbe

Project much @The Ghost   In my limited experience boners don't respond to hate but instead adulation like you and a few others have here for Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   Project much @The Ghost   In my limited experience boners don't respond to hate but instead adulation like you and a few others have here for Trump.

I agree with you my man...I'm pretty sure you haven't had a woody in many many years ....Hate filled or otherwise.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Mr. Trump ought to take those 120,000 troops... and send them to the southern border.

...Someplace where they are desperately needed !

...and allow them to do more than just process paperwork!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

You are correct @The Ghost
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.