Author Topic: Florida governor says Russia hacked two counties in 2016  (Read 545 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida governor says Russia hacked two counties in 2016
« on: May 14, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »
Florida governor says Russia hacked two counties in 2016
By Olivia Beavers - 05/14/19 12:13 PM EDT

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) said Tuesday that Russian hackers successfully gained access to voter data in two counties during the 2016 presidential election.

DeSantis's remarks come after he met with representatives from the FBI and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) about Moscow's 2016 cyber efforts in his state, a briefing that came weeks after the release of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of interference in the election.

Mueller wrote in his report that his office accepted the FBI's assessment that the GRU, Russia's intelligence service, gained "access to the network of at least one Florida county government."

"As many of you know, I recently met with the FBI concerning the election issue mentioned in the Mueller report," DeSantis said during a press conference.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/443609-florida-governor-says-russia-hacked-two-counties-in-2016
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Florida governor says Russia hacked two counties in 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 04:48:09 pm »
The article doesn't disclose which counties were affected.  I'd like to know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 04:54:22 pm »
Was it Russia, or was it George Soros?  He owns the companies that tabulate all the votes in the USA and I believe all European countries.  It is no accident he bought these companies!

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 04:58:15 pm »
How/what was hacked?  I thought our voting info was not online.  Or ... is someone kissing up to the powers that be?

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 05:52:49 pm »
The article doesn't disclose which counties were affected.  I'd like to know.

My guess,  Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 06:25:08 pm »
My guess,  Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Yes, there was corruption in Broward and Palm Beach, but I didn't hear of Russia hacking.  I would hope that DeSantis has some solid proof of this before making such a comment.

The Hill is quoting him as; "Two Florida counties experienced intrusion into the Supervisor of Election networks. There was no manipulation or anything, but there was voter data that [hackers were] able to get. Now, that voter data was public anyways. Nevertheless, those were intrusions. It did not affect any voting or anything like that," he continued.

If he did indeed say that, he remained very non specific.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 06:26:13 pm »
..."Two Florida counties experienced intrusion into the Supervisor of Election networks. There was no manipulation or anything, but there was voter data that [hackers were] able to get. Now, that voter data was public anyways. Nevertheless, those were intrusions. It did not affect any voting or anything like that," he continued....

Is it a big deal they got access to data that was already in public domain?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 07:03:52 pm »

Yes, this sounds more like a scare-mongering story than anything else.  It may be cautionary in that most data and networks should be protected and not accessible to unauthorized use.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:12 pm »
From the crumby article:

Mueller noted that his office "did not independently verify" the assessment of the hack from the FBI, which took the lead on the intrusion investigation.

No one has reason to believe a damn thing that they claim about RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA.

Desperately trying to cling to their bogus predicate.  RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA

They can all go to hell!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 07:29:11 pm »

It could be.  They wouldn't have access to change the votes themselves, but they might have been able to change the way the data was being reported online which could discourage voters.  Kind of like how some of us think the networks called FL for Gore early to suppress voting in the heavily Republican part of the state where polls close an hour later.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 07:39:55 pm »
It could be.  They wouldn't have access to change the votes themselves, but they might have been able to change the way the data was being reported online which could discourage voters.  Kind of like how some of us think the networks called FL for Gore early to suppress voting in the heavily Republican part of the state where polls close an hour later.

It doesn't sound like this "data" had anything at all to do with votes, most likely public voter registration data, and it was apparently discovered before voting took place.
DeSantis said the FBI was working with the two counties at the time, and that the counties' officials knew about the intrusion prior to the 2016 election.

https://www.votebrevard.com/statistics-and-data/request-voter-registration-data

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 08:12:54 pm »
From the crumby article:

No one has reason to believe a damn thing that they claim about RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA.

Desperately trying to cling to their bogus predicate.  RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA

They can all go to hell!
What the American Left fails to realize is that Russia is a world level global power. And they are getting very pissed that the Democrats keep toying with them as if they are nothing. The Democrats can keep yelling RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA! all they want to. Eventually RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA! is going to hit back hard. CNN/Democrats/MSNBC are more vulnerable than they think they are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.