Author Topic: Trump should butt out of Independence Day celebrations  (Read 2182 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Trump should butt out of Independence Day celebrations
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2019, 10:07:16 pm »
Et tu Brute?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2019, 10:19:47 pm »
Yeah see that's the difference.  I am not looking for "inspiration" from any public servants.

If he ends up invading this event, I will stay outside and keep blowing off more fireworks.

Oh, but see @EdJames -- you and I are "haters" because we don't want Trump turning the 4th of July festivities into a campaign rally.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:20 pm »
I have always loved a parade.  I think this would be wonderful.  A walk back in time when real Americans came out to support the past sacrifices of Real American heroes.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2019, 11:02:23 pm »
Yeah see that's the difference.  I am not looking for "inspiration" from any public servants. 

There's no difference here @EdJames .. I don't look for "inspiration" from elected officials either.. and this makes it all the more special and memorable when it happens.  Hope for the best, prepare to be disappointed.   happy77

Now, please holster your virtue signaling.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:03:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2019, 11:07:30 pm »
There's no difference here @EdJames .. I don't look for "inspiration" from elected officials either.. and this makes it all the more special and memorable when it happens.  Hope for the best, prepare to be disappointed.   happy77

LOL!  The folks at MLK's "I Had a Dream..." speech weren't expecting that, either.   :patriot:  @Right_in_Virginia
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2019, 11:14:42 pm »
Well aren't you special?

@dfwgator

Why, because he said he doesn’t worship politicians & makes no exceptions?  Seems consistent to me.  Also level-headed.

I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2019, 11:38:25 pm »
@dfwgator

Why, because he said he doesn’t worship politicians & makes no exceptions?  Seems consistent to me.  Also level-headed.

Level heads are easily sliced.  But that is not the case here. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2019, 12:22:08 pm »
Oh, but see @EdJames -- you and I are "haters" because we don't want Trump turning the 4th of July festivities into a campaign rally.   *****rollingeyes*****

@Applewood

Yes, apparently my "sin" is that I prefer to not have Trump invade the National Independence Day celebration with a campaign rally.    :thud:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2019, 12:23:14 pm »

:bigsilly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2019, 12:46:35 pm »
@Applewood

Yes, apparently my "sin" is that I prefer to not have Trump invade the National Independence Day celebration with a campaign rally.    :thud: 

And, here's your sign   ....

Offline QueenCatofAragon

« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2019, 06:21:23 pm »
Level heads are easily sliced.  But that is not the case here.

@The Ghost

Being level-headed is not a negative, whether Trump is president or not.  I have faith that you can come up with a better pun, because that one flopped.
I say this to Beto fans, Trump fans, all fans of politicians: it is un-American, ridiculous, and dangerous to be a fan of a politician. They aren't pop stars. Support them if you agree with their policies. Criticize them when they go wrong. They are servants, not celebrities. —— Matt Walsh