Author Topic: Newly Declassified Documents Outline America's Bloody History in Argentina  (Read 1275 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I almost don't want to post this. It's from a left-wing source (like Democracy Now), so take with a grain of salt. I'd have to read it more. See what information is in these documents, it's a bit surprising this wasn't in the news more.  Operation Condor! We did not necessarily act in Chile to overthrow Allende though. Some sources say no... just in case. Don't take everything at face value. Allende was overthrown, the operation was to efficient for our CIA, so I hear.

Newly Declassified Documents Outline America's Bloody History in Argentina

Heads of Argentina's armed forces are sworn in following the coup to overthrow President Maria Estela Peron.
(Photo: Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

History books may never tell the full story of the dictatorship that terrorized Argentina from 1976 to 1984.

But newly declassified United States military and intelligence documents recently delivered to Argentina offer new details about the country's brutal military junta.

The archival documents were the fourth and final batch of 43,000 declassified American telegrams, military records, intelligence, and confidential memos given to Argentina following an extraordinary 2016 agreement between Argentine President Mauricio Macri and former President Barack Obama.

Read more at: https://psmag.com/social-justice/the-history-of-american-intervention-in-argentina