Author Topic: BREAKING...Barr names Connecticut prosecutor to investigate Russian probe's origins: report  (Read 951 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barr names Connecticut prosecutor to investigate Russian probe's origins: report
By Justin Wise - 05/13/19 08:40 PM EDT

Attorney General William Barr has reportedly assigned a federal prosecutor in Connecticut to evaluate the origins of the investigation into Russian election interference and alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

The New York Times, citing two people familiar with the matter, reported on Monday night that John H. Durham, U.S. attorney in Connecticut, had been tapped by Barr to examine the probe's inception. The newspaper noted that the inquiry is the third publicly known investigation focused on the FBI's counterintelligence probe of the Trump campaign.

DOJ inspector general Michael E. Horowitz is currently reviewing how investigators used wiretap applications and informants, as well as whether political bias motivated decision making.

John W. Huber, the United States attorney in Utah, is also examining aspects of the investigation, The Times noted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/443509-top-connecticut-federal-prosecutor-assigned-to-investigate-russia
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:19:31 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Adam Goldman
Verified accountï‚™ @adamgoldmanNYT 

John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, https://nyti.ms/30h9Im8  w/@charlie_savage @nytmike

5:10 PM - 13 May 2019

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/1128090204617740289

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

John H. Durham.

Now, that sounds like the name of a no-nonsense prosecutor. I’d hate to open my mailbox and see that name on an envelope—if my name were Comey.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
John H. Durham.

Now, that sounds like the name of a no-nonsense prosecutor. I’d hate to open my mailbox and see that name on an envelope—if my name were Comey.

Or Baker or Brennan or a whole bunch of other names.

Offline skeeter

The rats are already out there, scoffing at the idea of more investigations.

Online corbe

John H. Durham: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

By Jessica McBride   

Updated  May 14, 2019 at 10:41am

john h durham

John H. Durham, Connecticut’s top federal prosecutor who was tapped by Attorney General William Barr to investigate the origins of the Russia probe, has worked on investigations for both sides of the political aisle. He’s primarily enjoyed a reputation as a “mob prosecutor” in New England.

An investigation of the Russia probe’s beginnings – which has long been sought by President Donald Trump and was reported via sources in The New York Times – is certain to be fraught with political dispute. However, Durham has also led past probes on behalf of Democratic Attorneys General, namely Janet Reno and Eric Holder. His full name is John Henry Durham.

You can read Durham’s questionnaire when he was nominated as Connecticut’s U.S. Attorney here and below.

Here’s what you need to know about John H. Durham:

1. Durham, a Republican, Has Been Described as ‘Apolitical’ & ‘Cautious’

<..snip..>

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/john-h-durham/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

John H. Durham: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

By Jessica McBride   

Updated  May 14, 2019 at 10:41am

john h durham

John H. Durham, Connecticut’s top federal prosecutor who was tapped by Attorney General William Barr to investigate the origins of the Russia probe, has worked on investigations for both sides of the political aisle. He’s primarily enjoyed a reputation as a “mob prosecutor” in New England.

An investigation of the Russia probe’s beginnings – which has long been sought by President Donald Trump and was reported via sources in The New York Times – is certain to be fraught with political dispute. However, Durham has also led past probes on behalf of Democratic Attorneys General, namely Janet Reno and Eric Holder. His full name is John Henry Durham.

You can read Durham’s questionnaire when he was nominated as Connecticut’s U.S. Attorney here and below.

Here’s what you need to know about John H. Durham:

1. Durham, a Republican, Has Been Described as ‘Apolitical’ & ‘Cautious’

<..snip..>

https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/john-h-durham/

Durham investigated federal corruption in the Whitey Bulger prosecution, so he'd be familiar with Mueller's MO.

Offline aligncare

Or Baker or Brennan or a whole bunch of other names.

I suspect Comey was in it up to his smug, self righteous eye balls. But, you are right. Before this is over we’re gonna see a conga line of criminals shuffling into court. The next person in line I most want to see facing justice is Brennan.

Suddenly, I feel like a shower.

Offline dfwgator

The rats are already out there, scoffing at the idea of more investigations.

They messed with the Bull, now here come the horns.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So...will Durham drag this out for two years in order to "not affect the 2020 Election?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=40236

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog

Prosecutor Appointed For Spying On Trump Campaign

“Attorney General William Barr has asked Connecticut US Attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the government’s probe into possible collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Russia.”

So finally we’re going to get an official investigation into the biggest domestic political spying scandal since Watergate.

“John H. Durham, the United States attorney in Connecticut, has a history of serving as a special prosecutor investigating potential wrongdoing among national security officials, including the F.B.I.’s ties to a crime boss in Boston and accusations of C.I.A. abuses of detainees.”

That little Boston case featured FBI agent John Connolly feeding government information to mob boss Whitey Bulger while he was providing information as an FBI CID on rival criminal gangs.

[Durham] is best known for overseeing the federal government’s successful effort to take apart the brazenly corrupt situation in Boston, where a handful of crooked state police officers and F.B.I. agents worked with the mob headed by James Bulger. The situation, some of which was based on relationships forged during childhood in South Boston, was the inspiration for the Oscar-winning film “The Departed.”

Mr. Durham headed a task force that compiled a list of impressive accomplishments and convictions, including its disclosure that some F.B.I. officials had allowed some informants to commit murder and flourish in their racketeering enterprises in exchange for information about other mobsters.

Durham is a Catholic and someone who (to quote the Times) “does not often speak publicly and declined to be interviewed.”

Legal Insurrection also notes that “DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz has already started his own investigation into ‘potential surveillance abuses by the FBI – an investigation that began last March and that Fox News is told is nearing completion.'”

One wonders what the scope of Durham’s investigation is. I suspect it will not reach all the way back to Emailgate and the uranium sale, but will probably tackle most other aspects of the Sacndularity.

Having used the power of the federal government to illegally spy on the Trump presidential campaign under false pretenses, the perpetrators will now find that same power deployed to investigate their own misdeeds.

Buckle up…

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.