Author Topic: Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 03:40:13 am »
I don't think Trump ever intended to build a wall; as you stated, talk is cheap.  He is slowly but steadily giving the DEMS what they want as he continues to compromise on what he promised.

This really gets me.  Why would you campaign on building a wall and then sign legislation that allows local government to opt out?  Why would you continue to give Democrats everything they want when there is 100.000 illegals caught almost every month now?  Those are the ones caught.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2019, 03:48:26 am »
This really gets me.  Why would you campaign on building a wall and then sign legislation that allows local government to opt out?  Why would you continue to give Democrats everything they want when there is 100.000 illegals caught almost every month now?  Those are the ones caught.

@Chosen Daughter I have voiced my suspicions, but other than that I don't have an answer.  What I do know is we are losing our sovereignty and facing becoming another Europe.  That is the unfortunate reality.  Short of praying for a miracle, there isn't a whole lot we can do. Perhaps this is God's will for this country? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2019, 04:05:54 am »
@Chosen Daughter I have voiced my suspicions, but other than that I don't have an answer.  What I do know is we are losing our sovereignty and facing becoming another Europe.  That is the unfortunate reality.  Short of praying for a miracle, there isn't a whole lot we can do. Perhaps this is God's will for this country?

I just came across this Rush Limbaugh airing.  Sad reality.

Rush Limbaugh on Border Wall: Trump Got ‘Less Than Nothing’

Wednesday on his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh commented on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announcement of the deal that finances the government through New Year’s Day without funding for President Donald Trump‘s wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Partial transcript as follows (courtesy of RushLimbaugh.com)

LIMBAUGH: I mean, Washington came together to pass this thing in like 10 minutes. Meanwhile, $5 billion, a measly $5 billion — when compared to the size of the federal budget for border security — is an impossibility. Somebody needs to explain to me how this happened.

I know you people are looking to me to explain it to you, and don’t worry. I’m being rhetorical here. I have an explanation for this. But it’s just… It’s the kind of thing that just rubs me raw, it sends people into orbit because something that is not on somebody’s primary watch list, some issue that it’s not having a national clamor to get this done, an issue that primarily benefits 187,000 people and whoever their political sponsors are just sails through.

The point is it can be done on something the American public is not even really aware of, not clamoring for, and doesn’t know when it’s happened. There’s some news stories: “Senate Easily Passed Trump-Backed Criminal Justice Reform Bill.” There are 87 votes in the Senate for it, and yet things the American people have expressed for decades that they want, have voted over and over and over again to say that they want, have sent somebody to Washington from outside the political system to get done, and there’s no hope.
There’s not a shining chance that this is gonna get done. And they gloat and they applaud and they celebrate in Washington over this. Some of this stuff is just so frustrating and maddening and defies any kind of common sense explanation. This is swamp behavior at its best. This is the greatest illustration of how much of a game all of this actually is. We’re made to think that it’s cutthroat and real. And, meanwhile, it’s just all a game, how this stuff happens, in Congress, in the House, in the Senate in Washington.....

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2018/12/19/rush-limbaugh-on-border-wall-trump-got-less-than-nothing/

Just a game.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:09:24 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 04:29:44 am »

I just came across this Rush Limbaugh airing.  Sad reality.

Rush Limbaugh on Border Wall: Trump Got ‘Less Than Nothing’

Wednesday on his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh commented on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announcement of the deal that finances the government through New Year’s Day without funding for President Donald Trump‘s wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.
Partial transcript as follows (courtesy of RushLimbaugh.com)

LIMBAUGH: I mean, Washington came together to pass this thing in like 10 minutes. Meanwhile, $5 billion, a measly $5 billion — when compared to the size of the federal budget for border security — is an impossibility. Somebody needs to explain to me how this happened.

I know you people are looking to me to explain it to you, and don’t worry. I’m being rhetorical here. I have an explanation for this. But it’s just… It’s the kind of thing that just rubs me raw, it sends people into orbit because something that is not on somebody’s primary watch list, some issue that it’s not having a national clamor to get this done, an issue that primarily benefits 187,000 people and whoever their political sponsors are just sails through.

The point is it can be done on something the American public is not even really aware of, not clamoring for, and doesn’t know when it’s happened. There’s some news stories: “Senate Easily Passed Trump-Backed Criminal Justice Reform Bill.” There are 87 votes in the Senate for it, and yet things the American people have expressed for decades that they want, have voted over and over and over again to say that they want, have sent somebody to Washington from outside the political system to get done, and there’s no hope.
There’s not a shining chance that this is gonna get done. And they gloat and they applaud and they celebrate in Washington over this. Some of this stuff is just so frustrating and maddening and defies any kind of common sense explanation. This is swamp behavior at its best. This is the greatest illustration of how much of a game all of this actually is. We’re made to think that it’s cutthroat and real. And, meanwhile, it’s just all a game, how this stuff happens, in Congress, in the House, in the Senate in Washington.....

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2018/12/19/rush-limbaugh-on-border-wall-trump-got-less-than-nothing/

Just a game.

Perhaps not a game, but a well calculated maneuver on Trump's part.  He saw an opportunity to jump into the political arena, and sold his supporters what they wanted to hear and he did just that. When Trump first announced that he was going to run and his campaign platform was building a wall it actually surprised me knowing his liberal ties and association with the Clintons as well as his wealth.  I remember discussing the same with my son and I remarked at the time ... or he could very well have plans for a North American Union.  Time of course will tell, but Trump has done very little to build that wall.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2019, 05:07:05 am »
Perhaps not a game, but a well calculated maneuver on Trump's part.  He saw an opportunity to jump into the political arena, and sold his supporters what they wanted to hear and he did just that. When Trump first announced that he was going to run and his campaign platform was building a wall it actually surprised me knowing his liberal ties and association with the Clintons as well as his wealth.  I remember discussing the same with my son and I remarked at the time ... or he could very well have plans for a North American Union.  Time of course will tell, but Trump has done very little to build that wall.

Well the question is whether it can ever be built now that he signed the legislation letting local government opt out.  What good is it?  Those people migrate to where they can get in.  Trump thinks if he build a few miles here and there we will be impressed.  Well he has built some sections and people are crossing a hundred thousand a month.  I remember too talking about all his liberal connections.  Now its out in the open.  We know that many liberals did vote for him.  And most of his problems have been with his liberal friends.  Cohen, Amorosa, etc.  Then there is Gulianni, Kushner.  On and on.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 06:38:35 am »
you few cruz hanger oners here make me sick.You are actively undermining the best president weve had in decades...
@MoMo
The BEST in History.   :patriot: These border patriots just don't understand how the wall is practically already built.  #FinishTheWall.  And that idea about transporting illegals throughout the USA to sanctuary cities was brilliant!!!  President Trump gets absolutely no credit from the liberal media or the rats in Congress for locking up crooked hillary, building the wall (really just needs a coat of paint at this point), draining the swamp of RINOs, eliminating the deficit and national debt, negotiating great trade deals, and Making America Great Again.  If that's not conservative I don't know what is, but still some "conservatives" don't think that is enough.  America has never stood taller in the world, still some people wish the son of a Presidential assassin, and a suspect in the Zodiac serial killings was in charge.  I don't get it.   :shrug:

Can there still be any doubt Trump was sent by Jesus to fight wickedness? 
No Collusion.
/sarc

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 01:25:59 pm »
Trump can always do what Obama did to address illegal immigration - tank the economy.    Illegals come here for the opportunity.   If the economy only weren't booming, and employers weren't hiring,  they wouldn't come.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 02:25:50 pm »
Trump can always do what Obama did to address illegal immigration - tank the economy.    Illegals come here for the opportunity.   If the economy only weren't booming, and employers weren't hiring,  they wouldn't come.

The opportunity to earn great wages once you include food, housing, health care, phones, reduced car insurance.  They are probably making $6.00-$10.00 more than the Stupid Americans they sit next to on the Assembly line.  Its a great opportunity alright.  They get to break the law.  Have Americans raise their families and still manage to send money back to the homeland.

And what could be better than free delivery for the anchor baby?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 02:29:25 pm »

Oh good grief!!  We've been through this before and I've posted several links stating the same. It has been proven time and time again that NOT ALL  ILLEGALS ARE HERE for OPPORTUNITY!  Many here wind up crowing our prison system for various different reasons; transporting and selling drugs, burglary, murder, rape, kidnapping, -- various crimes against our LEGAL citizens.  Many are gang members and terrorists.  Diseases coming across our border right now is already unprecedented; measles and tuberculosis are now on the rise as well as MRSA.

Under Trump an unprecedented number of illegals are pouring over our borders, many NOT apprehended, NOT health screened, and are now roaming our streets.  The number getting through is unknown.

Yes, STOPPING the freebies, asylum, anchor baby, and birthright citizenship policies would definitely help. 

@Jazzhead when we become another Europe where there are streets and entire sections of the country where law enforcement will not got because it is too dangerous and too populated with certain 'ethnic' groups; maybe then you will understand.

Yes, every man, woman and child's life matters; please keep in mind that most coming across don't value our lives.  Certainly many feel that we must take care of them at the expense of our own families.  Therein lies the true problem.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2019, 02:39:14 pm »
Trump can always do what Obama did to address illegal immigration - tank the economy.    Illegals come here for the opportunity.  If the economy only weren't booming, and employers weren't hiring,  they wouldn't come.
Yes, a lot of them come for the opportunity to create serious crimes.  Doing jobs Americans won't do.  Think a tanking economy will stop these types?

Examples of Serious Crimes By Illegal Aliens
https://www.fairus.org/issue/illegal-immigration/examples-serious-crimes-illegal-aliens

And an increasing number of prisoners in this country are aliens.

DOJ: 26% of Federal Prisoners Are Aliens
https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Federal-Prisoners-Are-Aliens
Over half are there not because they are illegal, but other criminal activities.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2019, 04:49:46 pm »
@Jazzhead when we become another Europe where there are streets and entire sections of the country where law enforcement will not got because it is too dangerous and too populated with certain 'ethnic' groups; maybe then you will understand.

Yes, every man, woman and child's life matters; please keep in mind that most coming across don't value our lives.  Certainly many feel that we must take care of them at the expense of our own families.  Therein lies the true problem.

We are not Europe.   Muslim immigration to the U.S. is negligible.   Hispanic immigrants are largely Christian and share American values of pluralism and respect for religious liberty.   

In examining the problem of "illegal immigration" it is necessary to distinguish economic immigration,  which typically rises and falls in response to the economy and consists largely of single adults seeking work,  and the more recent phenomenon of migrant families fleeing violence in their home countries.    Each has different causes, implications and solutions.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2019, 04:56:06 pm »
Cruz and Malkin

Hmmm.  I could get behind that.   happy77

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2019, 05:51:32 pm »
We are not Europe.   Muslim immigration to the U.S. is negligible.   Hispanic immigrants are largely Christian and share American values of pluralism and respect for religious liberty.   

In examining the problem of "illegal immigration" it is necessary to distinguish economic immigration,  which typically rises and falls in response to the economy and consists largely of single adults seeking work,  and the more recent phenomenon of migrant families fleeing violence in their home countries.    Each has different causes, implications and solutions.   
There is absolutely no reason to ever differentiate why an illegal is here.

Illegal is illegal.  It is someone breaking our laws, no matter what his/her situation is.  It is criminal behavior, and in most countries of the world would be cause to incarcerate or shoot to defend your country's borders rather than to reward them with free passage.

Nothing you have ever said on this subject makes an excuse for someone coming here illegally rather than legally.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:50 pm »

Jazzhead...

Muslim immigration is negligible?  You are dead wrong Jazz.  The numbers are readily available on the net.  We have about 250,000 to 500,000 mussies coming to the USA every YEAR!  If you look at the numbers for the Diversity Visa Program, even going back prior to 9/11, and every year thereafter, you will find about 80% of green card recipients are mussies.  And ironically, Iran is often number one for recipients of green cards.

We have a city in Michigan with over 1 million mussies.  Minneapolis is loaded with them.  Come to Atlanta and see them everywhere.

You had a president saying islam was a major contributor to the creation of this nation.  I enjoyed that idiotic statement.  Not one signer of the Constitution was a muslim.  They are well entrenched in every branch of government, and if you think their mission is not the destruction of western civilization, you are just not paying attention.  Europe is largely lost.  France for certain.  They will level France just like Syria in the next couple decades.  They only know murder and destruction, they bring nothing to society.  Nothing!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:26:40 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2019, 06:58:49 pm »
Muslim immigration is negligible?  You are dead wrong Jazz. 

As of 2017, Pew Research Center estimates there are 3.45 million Muslims in America,  about 1.1% of the population.   I'd say that's negligible.   And most of these come here (or were born here, as with most black Muslims) legally,  so Muslims aren't who were talking about when we're debating illegal immigrants and migrants seeking asylum.   Most of those are Hispanic and Catholic.   

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:59:57 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2019, 07:00:41 pm »
There is absolutely no reason to ever differentiate why an illegal is here.

There is if you care at all about crafting sound policy.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »
Muslim immigration is negligible?  You are dead wrong Jazz.  The numbers are readily available on the net.  We have about 250,000 to 500,000 mussies coming to the USA every YEAR! 

Wrong.  According to Pew, the U.S. Muslim population is growing at the rate of 100,000 per year,  driven not only by immigration but by higher fertility rates among the Muslim population.   

Yes, the numbers are readily available on the net - to refute your hysterical claims.   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2019, 07:24:44 pm »

I didn't say that we were Europe.  Continuing to allow massive illegal immigration WILL turn us into another Germany or France and Europe in general or worse.

Economic immigration??  Are you serious??  They can't even keep track of the numbers at the border and have absolutely no idea of the number sneaking in that isn't accounted for.  They are costing us BILIONS and ultimately they will cost us our sovereignty.  How do you put a price tag on that??

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2019, 07:29:12 pm »
Muslim immigration is negligible?  You are dead wrong Jazz.  The numbers are readily available on the net.  We have about 250,000 to 500,000 mussies coming to the USA every YEAR!  If you look at the numbers for the Diversity Visa Program, even going back prior to 9/11, and every year thereafter, you will find about 80% of green card recipients are mussies.  And ironically, Iran is often number one for recipients of green cards.

We have a city in Michigan with over 1 million mussies.  Minneapolis is loaded with them.  Come to Atlanta and see them everywhere.

You had a president saying islam was a major contributor to the creation of this nation.  I enjoyed that idiotic statement.  Not one signer of the Constitution was a muslim.  They are well entrenched in every branch of government, and if you think their mission is not the destruction of western civilization, you are just not paying attention.  Europe is largely lost.  France for certain.  They will level France just like Syria in the next couple decades.  They only know murder and destruction, they bring nothing to society.  Nothing!

:amen:  Numerous times I have posted the stats. @Jazzhead refuses to look at the data. You can post stats till you're blue in the face and it will do absolutely no good.  Some people refuse to accept reality, for its easier to keep their heads buried in the sand.  Denial and apathy are quite common.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:09 pm »

I disagree.  The sound policy that the U.S.A. should adapt right now is; NO IMMIGRATION WHATSOEVER, NO ASYLUM and MASS DEPORTATION for a minimum of 5 years.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 08:08:26 pm »
I didn't say that we were Europe.  Continuing to allow massive illegal immigration WILL turn us into another Germany or France and Europe in general or worse.

Economic immigration??  Are you serious??  They can't even keep track of the numbers at the border and have absolutely no idea of the number sneaking in that isn't accounted for.  They are costing us BILIONS and ultimately they will cost us our sovereignty.  How do you put a price tag on that??

I do not support illegal immigration.   I support better border security.   I support immigration reform to conform legal immigration to what is in our nation's economic best interest. 

But I am realistic to know that conservatives won't achieve these goals without bargaining with Democrats who have different priorities.   If the deal is sound, for example,  I support amnesty for those here illegally who've kept their noses clean.

It is also crucial to recognize that there are important differences between "traditional" illegals who come here seeking work from employers willing to engage them, and asylum seekers who are often families fleeing for their lives.    I have no objection to welcoming asylum seekers who qualify as truly deserving of asylum.    But I agree with you that economic immigrants distort the market for U.S. labor and need to conform to rules that govern their ability to come here and work.     

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 08:08:35 pm »

Illegals come here for the opportunity to collect free stuff.  That happens regardless of how well the economy is doing.  Employers weren't hiring during Obama's first term, but illegals kept coming - free medical care, education, and food stamps.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »
Illegals come here for the opportunity to collect free stuff.  That happens regardless of how well the economy is doing.  Employers weren't hiring during Obama's first term, but illegals kept coming - free medical care, education, and food stamps.

It is much more dependent on their economy, whether personal or national, than it is on ours.

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 10:37:34 pm »
The only meaningful sound policy is ensuring all obey our laws.  Just like my ancestors did and likely yours.

Are we not a nation of laws?

If not, we don't need any at all and it is every man for himself.

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2019, 10:38:58 pm »
It is much more dependent on their economy, whether personal or national, than it is on ours.
That is a great point.