Author Topic: Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure
« on: May 14, 2019, 12:40:33 am »
Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure

Immigration — President Donald Trump’s signature issue — will be as key to his re-election as it was in 2016.
This is why it should be the priority issue — not infrastructure — as the Administration seeks to work a legislative deal with House Democrats.
The president’s tentative and recent agreement with Democratic leaders to earmark $2 trillion for infrastructure improvements is good and positive.
Still, it faces serious pushback from Republican lawmakers and so-called “deficit hawks.”

Even acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney grasps the problems.

“Is it difficult to pass any infrastructure bill in this environment, let alone a $2 trillion one, in this environment?” Mulvaney asked during a Washington Post interview. “Absolutely.”
The 2020 general election is a mere 18 months off.

Even if an infrastructure bill passed tomorrow, hardly any jobs will actually be created in time for next year’s election.
No jobs, no votes.

Meanwhile, immigration is a pressing matter for several reasons......

https://www.newsmax.com/ruddy/immigration-infrastructure-trump-republican-party/2019/05/13/id/915756/

Read Newsmax: Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure | Newsmax.com
Urgent: Do you approve of Pres. Trump? Vote Here in Poll
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Re: Start With Immigration, Not Infrastructure
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 12:49:26 am »
One word that got my attention through this article is "compromise".   Compromise to obtain votes is not what he promised in '16.  He promised to build a wall. He promised NO amnesty!!  The crisis at the border is expanding. He should be taking a harder stance instead of being willing to compromise. Giving Mexico a year for them to get their act together was a HUGE mistake as was signing a bill to allow states to opt out of a barrier.  Giving illegals works status is nothing more than a type of amnesty, especially if they eventually would be granted citizenship.  No, No, and NO!!!!!!!

If he delivers by securing the border and signing a fair immigration act, President Trump can win over a sizeable number of Hispanics, who will play a key role in states like Florida and Arizona, not to mention many other states.

Such an immigration compromise should include giving illegals work status, require they pay taxes and restitution, and offer a way for them to eventually gain citizenship.

I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but my hunch is that the 'deal' with the DEMS for an infrastructure plan will involve linking the U.S. and Mexico (and Canada) by highways and toll roads in order to resolve the border crisis. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 12:53:39 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:29:07 am »
One word that got my attention through this article is "compromise".   Compromise to obtain votes is not what he promised in '16.  He promised to build a wall. He promised NO amnesty!!  The crisis at the border is expanding. He should be taking a harder stance instead of being willing to compromise. Giving Mexico a year for them to get their act together was a HUGE mistake as was signing a bill to allow states to opt out of a barrier.  Giving illegals works status is nothing more than a type of amnesty, especially if they eventually would be granted citizenship.  No, No, and NO!!!!!!!

If he delivers by securing the border and signing a fair immigration act, President Trump can win over a sizeable number of Hispanics, who will play a key role in states like Florida and Arizona, not to mention many other states.

Such an immigration compromise should include giving illegals work status, require they pay taxes and restitution, and offer a way for them to eventually gain citizenship.

I've mentioned it a couple of times before, but my hunch is that the 'deal' with the DEMS for an infrastructure plan will involve linking the U.S. and Mexico (and Canada) by highways and toll roads in order to resolve the border crisis.

He just keeps giving the Dems everything they want.  They want the Infrastructure.  Trump should be saying no, not until the border is secure.

Everything you say is true. He is giving them Amnesty.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:33:57 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:21 am »
He just keeps giving the Dems everything they want.  They want the Infrastructure.  Trump should be saying no, not until the border is secure.

Everything you say is true. He is giving them Amnesty.

Indeed. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 02:14:16 am »
Makes a good point.

Would you remodel your house if the outside walls were not up?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 03:17:12 am »
Makes a good point.

Exactly. First and foremost, the sovereignty of our country needs to be retained and secured, not bargained with.  A wall/barrier needs to be erected protecting this country and its citizens.  Secondly, illegal immigration and asylum need to be halted.  Compromising on any of those will be counterproductive and detrimental to this country. 

Unfortunately, Trump has already compromised by signing a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier and allowing Mexico another year to get their act together. 

Remember, Pelosi was willing to fund additional security at entry points. Yet, now they are discussing infrastructure? So, those entry point could very well be pay tolls/barriers in and out of this country for trade ...   Infrastructure means highways, roads, bridges, etc.  Again, raising the question of possibly a North American Union.

The wall is not going to happen.  Parts of the wall are being built and repaired, but maybe strategically in design as he has allowed states to opt out which I see as a red flag. With states opting out, a complete border wall will not be erected.  He has already compromised and he's already worked out a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada and is allowing Mexico another year to get it together.  Meanwhile the invasion continues and I think he will eventually grant amnesty as they will provide the workforce he suggested is needed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:19:36 am by libertybele »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:55:21 am »
Makes a good point.

Good point!

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 04:57:38 am »
Exactly. First and foremost, the sovereignty of our country needs to be retained and secured, not bargained with.  A wall/barrier needs to be erected protecting this country and its citizens.  Secondly, illegal immigration and asylum need to be halted.  Compromising on any of those will be counterproductive and detrimental to this country. 

Unfortunately, Trump has already compromised by signing a bill allowing states to opt out of a barrier and allowing Mexico another year to get their act together. 

Remember, Pelosi was willing to fund additional security at entry points. Yet, now they are discussing infrastructure? So, those entry point could very well be pay tolls/barriers in and out of this country for trade ...   Infrastructure means highways, roads, bridges, etc.  Again, raising the question of possibly a North American Union.

The wall is not going to happen.  Parts of the wall are being built and repaired, but maybe strategically in design as he has allowed states to opt out which I see as a red flag. With states opting out, a complete border wall will not be erected.  He has already compromised and he's already worked out a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada and is allowing Mexico another year to get it together.  Meanwhile the invasion continues and I think he will eventually grant amnesty as they will provide the workforce he suggested is needed.

Donald is such a phony.  If he really did know how to use the "Art of the Deal" he would hold everything Democrats want hostage until the border is secured.

'And I might add to fund those trillions for the infrastructure we need to stop the welfare to illegal immigrants.   

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers

How much it costs ICE to deport an undocumented immigrant

by Octavio Blanco   @CNNMoney
April 13, 2017: 10:04 AM ET

https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/13/news/economy/deportation-costs-undocumented-immigrant/index.html

How Much Do Illegal Immigrants REALLY Cost the United States?

A report by the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) cited several interesting statistics based on census data. Some of these facts may be familiar to long-time readers… but I wanted each of you to know the enormous costs placed on the United States…
Our government continues to claim that the war on terror is bankrupting us. But what about these numbers? You do the math…
$11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Illegal households only pay about one-third the amount of federal taxes that non-illegal households pay.
Illegal households create a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion a year. If given amnesty, this number could grow to more than $29 billion.
$1.9 billion dollars a year is spent on food-assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
$1.6 billion is spent on the federal prison and court system for illegal aliens.
$2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
About 21 percent of the population of U.S. prisons is classified as “noncitizens” from Mexico, Colombia, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. About 5 percent is listed as “unknown.”
Immigration costs like all “costs" come out of the "TAXPAYOR" hide. These costs represent additional money creation that dilutes all the savings and assets in America.

https://personalliberty.com/how-much-do-illegal-immigrants-really-cost-the-united-states/

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:06:39 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 05:16:19 am »
He promised NO amnesty!!

I think you have him confused with Ted Cruz.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 05:53:44 am »
I think you have him confused with Ted Cruz.
'

Candidate Trump promised no consideration of amnesty until system fixed

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/candidate-promised-no-consideration-amnesty-until-system-fixed

'No amnesty': Trump vows to deport millions during 'first hour in office'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/01/donald-trump-vows-to-deport-millions-during-first-hour-in-office-in-hardline-speech

Malkin: Trump Promised that There Will Be No Amnesty and if He Reneges, There Will Be Hell to Pay
‘There will be hell to pay not just for Donald Trump but entire Republican Party’

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=148283

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 04:20:24 pm »
I tell you, a conservative Republican may just be able to beat Trump if he/she runs on the key issues Trump ran on in 2016, but has failed to deliver.  I think his lack of experience in working with a legislature has crippled him along with apparently his advisors.  On every key issue, he has failed except the tax changes, and even those cost him votes in 2020.

The only way I see Trump winning is to take the Jim DeMint route, and declare he also intends to make it his mission in life to eliminate the IRS.

But not one single Republican comes to mind that has the charisma and the savvy to pick up those issues and say unlike Trump, I can get it done.  American voters want people in office that represent them, not the invading illegal aliens attacking this country, and they want results.  I just do not see a Democommie winning POTUS again until they begin representing American citizens.  If a strong conservative picks up his issues and declares I will deliver unlike Donald Trump, they might just have a shot in the primary.

I have asked before, does anyone see another Republican with the chops to take on Trump?  I do not want four more years of virtually nothing from Congress.  And I sure as hell do not want the Democommies in power anywhere.  I consider them a genuine threat to this nation, and I see them as being controled by communists.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:23:38 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 06:08:01 pm »
I tell you, a conservative Republican may just be able to beat Trump if he/she runs on the key issues Trump ran on in 2016, but has failed to deliver.  I think his lack of experience in working with a legislature has crippled him along with apparently his advisors.  On every key issue, he has failed except the tax changes, and even those cost him votes in 2020.

The only way I see Trump winning is to take the Jim DeMint route, and declare he also intends to make it his mission in life to eliminate the IRS.

But not one single Republican comes to mind that has the charisma and the savvy to pick up those issues and say unlike Trump, I can get it done.  American voters want people in office that represent them, not the invading illegal aliens attacking this country, and they want results.  I just do not see a Democommie winning POTUS again until they begin representing American citizens.  If a strong conservative picks up his issues and declares I will deliver unlike Donald Trump, they might just have a shot in the primary.

I have asked before, does anyone see another Republican with the chops to take on Trump?  I do not want four more years of virtually nothing from Congress.  And I sure as hell do not want the Democommies in power anywhere.  I consider them a genuine threat to this nation, and I see them as being controled by communists.

The issue that Trump has FAILED on is the wall, which was the key issue that got him elected.  His failure at the border is astronomical and no conservative is going to jump in and make promises after the mess that he has created....especially since he gave Mexico a year to get their act together and he also signed a bill that states can opt out of a barrier.  In doing so, there is no way that a wall will be completed in its entirety.  He opened his mouth announcing that he was going to build a wall ... and in doing so, we now have 50 countries pouring over our borders.  No conservative with a shred of integrity is going to jump in now and promise to straighten out his mess.

As for the DEMS .... right now they are the party with bat crap crazy ideas and Uncle Joe is trying to run on Bammy's failed policies.  I still think the one to watch is Castro; if he comes across as a leader of the Hispanic people and a promise of American reformation, he could possibly beat Trump.  If he comes across with more the world is going to end and new green deal rhetoric he'll be toast just like the other liberal mental midgets.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 07:06:07 pm »
Trading amnesty for real border security/immigration reform is a no-brainer, if you ask me.   Otherwise, nothing gets done and the problem only gets worse.

It annoys me to see so many here apoplectic over the crisis at the border, yet unwilling to make the political compromises needed to solve it.   

Talk is cheap.   Action requires cutting a deal.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 07:08:47 pm »
Trading amnesty for real border security/immigration reform is a no-brainer, if you ask me.   Otherwise, nothing gets done and the problem only gets worse.

It annoys me to see so many here apoplectic over the crisis at the border, yet unwilling to make the political compromises needed to solve it.   

Compromise?

Oh, you mean like Simpson Mazzoli. That kind of compromise?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 07:33:39 pm »
Compromise?

Oh, you mean like Simpson Mazzoli. That kind of compromise?

I mean political horse trading, the way things used to get done.   (The problem with Simpson Mazzoli wasn't the deal itself,  but rather a lack of enforcement.)

A perfect example is the comprehensive federal law of employee benefits known as ERISA,  which is the law I work with everyday.   I continue to be impressed how this law effectively balances the interests of both employer and employees -  the result of political compromise between right and left.    If we are ever going to get funds for border security, as well as needed changes to asylum and immigration laws,  a political majority will need to be formed.   Since Congress is currently split,  that means horse trading with the Dems.   If that means some form of amnesty for some illegals,  then I am all for it. 

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 07:35:45 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 07:41:58 pm »
I mean political horse trading, the way things used to get done.   (The problem with Simpson Mazzoli wasn't the deal itself,  but rather a lack of enforcement.)

A perfect example is the comprehensive federal law of employee benefits known as ERISA,  which is the law I work with everyday.   I continue to be impressed how this law effectively balances the interests of both employer and employees -  the result of political compromise between right and left.    If we are ever going to get funds for border security, as well as needed changes to asylum and immigration laws,  a political majority will need to be formed.   Since Congress is currently split,  that means horse trading with the Dems.   If that means some form of amnesty for some illegals,  then I am all for it.

Congress has been doing the bait & switch on illegal immigration enforcement for decades. No one believes them when they say they want to compromise.

No amnesty. Enforcement only.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:24 pm »
Speaker Ryan, was so helpful on health cre and immigration.

It would be rridiculous to think he was the "insurance policy," that Strzok aand Page discussed, wouldn't it?

s/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 12:59:41 am »

Cruz and Malkin

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 01:07:17 am »
Cruz and Malkin

Be still my beating heart
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MoMo

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:22 am »
you few cruz hanger oners here make me sick.You are actively undermining the best president weve had in decades just to feel warm and comfortable in your dead conservatism.I want to puke.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 01:23:33 am »
   Be still my beating heart

wink777   :patriot:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:31 am »
you few cruz hanger oners here make me sick.You are actively undermining the best president weve had in decades just to feel warm and comfortable in your dead conservatism.I want to puke.

Dead Conservatism.  No wonder Bernie Sanders supporters voted for Trump.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 01:25:47 am »

@MoMo your attitude frustrates me but after my first dance with the Mods this afternoon, I've decided to save my best moves for @LegalAmerican she's due at any time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2019, 03:17:26 am »

I don't think Trump ever intended to build a wall; as you stated, talk is cheap.  He is slowly but steadily giving the DEMS what they want as he continues to compromise on what he promised.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2019, 03:31:24 am »

Oh geez ... we've got ourselves another live one!!.  Open your eyes sweetheart, you've been duped.  Trump never intended to build a wall, if that were his intent he would have already done so.  He continually proclaimed that he was going to build a great and beautiful wall and FAILED and as a result we now have people pouring over our border from over 50 different countries each day by the thousands!!  They called his bluff.  I could go on, but its late at night and either you get it by now or you don't.

Best president we've had in a decade ... yeppers indeed ... he is better than Bammy  ... but the amount of illegals that Trump is letting in is unprecedented and we now have more knocking on our door and sneaking through then ever before in history.

Oh, btw ... it is difficult to come to the realization of what is truly going on ...  we're losing our sovereignty ... so yes, go ahead and puke.  It's ok.   :3: