Author Topic: Actress Felicity Huffman pleads guilty in college admissions scandal  (Read 661 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Actress Felicity Huffman pleads guilty in college admissions scandal
by John Gage
 | May 13, 2019 06:25 PM

Actress Felicity Huffman pleaded guilty on Monday for her role in a scheme in which she illegally spent $15,000 to help get her daughter into college.

The 56-year-old "Desperate Housewives" star was in tears as she admitted to the felony charge in Boston. Coaches, business executives, and celebrities including actress Lori Loughlin were among those charged in the wide-ranging scheme.

Huffman admitted to paying a fixer to change answers on her daughter’s SAT test to raise her score so she could get into college.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/actress-felicity-huffman-pleads-guilty-in-college-admissions-scandal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Delinquent housewife: Tearful Felicity Huffman reveals her daughter has a learning disability as she enters guilty plea in deal that will land her in prison for at least FOUR months
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7023949/Felicity-Huffman-prepares-enter-guilty-plea-college-scandal-serve-four-10-months-prison.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I have a lot more respect for her than I do those who pled "innocent".

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
The thing I don't get is how parents think a child with raw aptitude scores hundreds of points under a college's admission cutoff could succeed at that college? I know from experience that high SAT scores don't guarantee success, but I always assumed that low scores were a pretty accurate predictor of failure...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The thing I don't get is how parents think a child with raw aptitude scores hundreds of points under a college's admission cutoff could succeed at that college? I know from experience that high SAT scores don't guarantee success, but I always assumed that low scores were a pretty accurate predictor of failure...

And, that would be true in a merit-based system, but this is obviously not the case.  I think celebrity students always succeed.

Offline thackney

That assume bribery stops at admission to college.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer