Author Topic: Bill Nye says it's time to grow up and realize the planet is on fire  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Bill Nye says it's time to grow up and realize the planet is on fire
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2019, 11:31:59 am »
My nephew just received his masters in mechanical engineering last year from Berkley, at a family gathering we were talking and Bill Nye and his predictions of doom came up. When I said I didn't agree with what Nye was saying my nephew replied with a condescending 'OH, you're one of those'. I said one of what and he said climate change deniers, I responded that that was untrue I believe in climate change, it changes daily and seasonally. He got huffy and told me he knows better because he had to study all the data and submit a paper on it. Obviously he felt I was too ignorant and I felt in the interest of not turning it into an argument at one of the few of our gatherings I decided to not ask if he really believed all the bullshit in that data.

Tell him to do an uncertainty analysis on the data. I assume they are still teaching that in engineering programs. When I did one on the data in the 1990's when the "Global Warming" scam first started getting traction, I saw they were lying. The "temperature increase" at that point was one fifth of the error band in the data. Statistical noise then and statistical noise now. The best overall uncertainty on the worldwide "average temperature" is about 2 deg F.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2019, 12:52:50 pm »
Tell him to do an uncertainty analysis on the data. I assume they are still teaching that in engineering programs. When I did one on the data in the 1990's when the "Global Warming" scam first started getting traction, I saw they were lying. The "temperature increase" at that point was one fifth of the error band in the data. Statistical noise then and statistical noise now. The best overall uncertainty on the worldwide "average temperature" is about 2 deg F.

Add to that the fact the climate computer models have failed real-life calibration every time.  Florida was supposed to be flooded by now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 07:25:53 am »
I wish, but it seems all my nephews and nieces have gone over to the dark side, include two nieces that were raised devout Catholics and were firm Conservatives....................until they went to Universities. Hell my own kids are night and day, both raised the same way. My son who went to CSUF for his teaching credentials and then to CSULB for his Masters in English is a flaming libtard(and his wife), while my daughter who married early and didn't go to college is a straight thinking, intelligent Conservative and married the same. So I can't help but believe that higher educations foremost purpose for the last couple of decades at least is indoctrination.

My mother says that the problem started with all the former hippies becoming teachers.

The majors I recall being heavy with draft deferees were Art, Sociology, and Psychology--oh, and education.

There likely is something to that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2019, 12:11:10 pm »
Add to that the fact the climate computer models have failed real-life calibration every time.  Florida was supposed to be flooded by now.

All those models are another story. I do a lot of computer modeling of power plants. You build a generalized model using proper physics and the various equipment vendor specifications and test data, get it to accurately reproduce the  turbine and boiler vendor heat balances. Then you run the model with ONLY the heat inputs to the boiler/reactor and the circulating water and/or air temperatures/humidity and see how closely it reproduces the data from the plant instrumentation. If it fails to do so, it must be tweaked until it reproduces the plant data over the entire range of environmental conditions. You can then use the model to help keep the plant running at top efficiency.

Climate models should be the same way. The problem is that the planetary climate is a HUGE and very complex entity. So far, no model has been able to accurately encompass it. None of them can accurately reproduce past data worldwide, hell, not even locally, using just the solar input and heat from the earth's core as the only inputs. All of them are tweaked to predict the doom that never seems to come.

I have stated in the past that if I had submitted a technical paper to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission that commits fraud like those climate models do, I'd be put in prison. Yet those so called "climate scientists" are celebrated and continue to be given taxpayer funds to keep perpetuating their fraud.

Offline verga

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »
My nephew just received his masters in mechanical engineering last year from Berkley, at a family gathering we were talking and Bill Nye and his predictions of doom came up. When I said I didn't agree with what Nye was saying my nephew replied with a condescending 'OH, you're one of those'. I said one of what and he said climate change deniers, I responded that that was untrue I believe in climate change, it changes daily and seasonally. He got huffy and told me he knows better because he had to study all the data and submit a paper on it. Obviously he felt I was too ignorant and I felt in the interest of not turning it into an argument at one of the few of our gatherings I decided to not ask if he really believed all the bullshit in that data.
Give him a copy of these two books, both written by Ph.D's
https://smile.amazon.com/Unstoppable-Global-Warming-Updated-Expanded/dp/0742551245/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=R5B6FSDIGF8M&keywords=unstoppable+global+warming+every+1500+years&qid=1558546111&s=gateway&sprefix=unstopable+global+%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

https://smile.amazon.com/Confessions-Greenpeace-Dropout-Environmentalist-Paperback/dp/B01GMI86D6/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=patrick+moore&qid=1558546214&s=gateway&sr=8-2
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.